**Position Name:**Senior Information Technology Officer
Supervisor: IT Manager
The Senior Information Technology Officer (SITO) under the supervision of the IT Manager supports and increases the use of information and communication technologies in Jhpiego’s program activities including implementing, maintaining, and supporting appropriate and cost-effective information and communication technologies to facilitate information flow among stakeholders and support learning approaches. S/he provides technical supports and mentoring to the field IT Officers. S/he serves as the first contact for escalations of technical supports as required by the IT Officers in field offices.
- Build the capacity and provide technical supports to field IT officers
- Collaborate with IT Manager and Field teams to identify IT equipment needs across all Jhpiego offices
- Collaborate with Procurement unit on market intelligence for IT related services
- Implement routine preventive and timely corrective maintenance of printers, copiers, projectors, and laptops at the country office
- Provide technical support for online meetings, and webinars.
- Configure laptops for Jhpiego staff and partners in line with the Jhpiego global configuration specifications.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware faults and provide solutions in line with global best practices.
- Provide technical supports to IT vendors for the provision of IT services.
- Collaborate with the Abuja and field teams to identify IT needs and make requisitions.
- Ensure all requests for IT support are recorded in the case management system.
- Coordinate the deployment of data systems and work with the program team to test the use of new applications or digital innovations.
- Provide technical support and training to staff on the use of Microsoft 365 for teams collaborations.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of IT consumables and ensure timely replenishment of stocks.
- BSc or HND in any of Computer Science, Information Technology and Computer Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Masters Degree or Professional certification is an added advantage
- 6 to 7 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience required with a minimum of 2 years in IT support services.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to communicate with diverse people at all levels are highly desired.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using: https://jobs-jhpiego.icims.com/jobs/4631/senior-information-technology-officer/job
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Monday 13th June 2022
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org