Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Information Technology Officer
Job ID: 2022-4631
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Category: International Positions
- The Senior Information Technology Officer (SITO) under the supervision of the IT Manager supports and increases the use of information and communication technologies in Jhpiego’s program activities including implementing, maintaining, and supporting appropriate and cost-effective information and communication technologies to facilitate information flow among stakeholders and support learning approaches.
- S/he provides technical supports and mentoring to the field IT Officers.
- S/he serves as the first contact for escalations of technical supports as required by the IT Officers in field offices.
- Collaborate with IT Manager and Field teams to identify IT equipment needs across all Jhpiego offices
- Collaborate with Procurement unit on market intelligence for IT related services
- Implement routine preventive and timely corrective maintenance of printers, copiers, projectors, and laptops at the country office
- Provide technical support for online meetings, and webinars.
- Configure laptops for Jhpiego staff and partners in line with the Jhpiego global configuration specifications.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware faults and provide solutions in line with global best practices.
- Provide technical supports to IT vendors for the provision of IT services.
- Collaborate with the Abuja and field teams to identify IT needs and make requisitions.
- Ensure all requests for IT support are recorded in the case management system.
- Coordinate the deployment of data systems and work with the program team to test the use of new applications or digital innovations.
- Provide technical support and training to staff on the use of Microsoft 365 for teams collaborations.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of IT consumables and ensure timely replenishment of stocks.
- B.Sc or HND in any of Computer Science, Information Technology and Computer Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Masters Degree or Professional certification is an added advantage.
- 6 to 7 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience required with a minimum of 2 years in IT support services.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to communicate with diverse people at all levels are highly desired.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
- Medical and dental plans
- Paid vacation
- Holidays and sick leave
- Personal accident insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Life and disability insurance
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.