Core Functions / Responsibilities:
**1.**Gather and assess information received from a range of open and closed sources such as electronic media, open and closed sources, security agencies/networks and other sources of information in order to support Tunisia mission.
2. Monitor security events, trends, patterns within designated areas which could impact on the safety and security of IOM staff, resources, and/or programs, activities or operations.
3. Evaluate gathered information or data (statistical data, trends and patterns of global security situation, threats, disasters, calamities and other emergency management information) using appropriate modalities to validate or determine its integrity and accuracy.
4. Draft written communications and documents for the use of IOM senior management, Regional Representatives, Chief of Mission, Security Focal Point and Alternates, Heads of Offices and Project Managers to help them make informed security related decisions.
5. Disseminate appropriate advisories and recommendations to keep IOM staff members abreast of safety and security developments (i.e. Travel Security Advisories, Incident Flash Alerts and messages issued through the OSS Staff Emergency Advisory System).
6. Maintain standards for security information (gathering, recording, storing, accessing and sharing of information) in compliance with OSS information security policy, procedures and codes of practice.
7. Carry out safety and security briefings to IOM staff and provide safety and security presentations to other stakeholders as required.
8. Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations in the area of operation.
9. Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation;
10. Communicates information on security issues to the heads of United Nations agencies and provides host 3
11. Ensure that the security administration protocols for UN travel clearances, TRIP profiles, IOM personnel lists are maintained while ensuring security tasking linked to the Security Risk Management (SRM) are maintained and archived effectively.
12. Contribute to the physical security surveys for IOM sites, required mandatory UN SRM recommendations, working closely with the IOM senior management to maintain the Mission compliant under the endorsed UNSRM/SMT decisions for Tunisia
13. Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists:
1. a) Helps in the preparation and review of the UN Security Plan;
2. b) Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan, as required
14. Maintain the proper registers on all IOM/UN SSIRs (significant security incident reports) on a timely manner, filed and disseminated following set UNSMS prescribed standards, and all OSS security modalities.
15. Participate on the Tunisia security Cell, agency “Security Focal Point” meetings representing IOM OSS unit for Tunisia, that can include the participation of INGO/NGOs on any Mission security objectives.
16. Support and assist the Country FSO/Chief of Mission in monitoring and tracking IOM personnel, and assets when required through technical, and operational support with emphasizes on the safety of staff inside Tunisia.
17. Act as Focal Point for the Security Communication and Analysis Network (SCAAN) project while managing and coordinating all administration including management of IOM Personnel updates, sitreps, and advisories in coordination with the SCAAN unit in Geneva.
18. Perform such other duties as may be assigned. https://tunisia.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1056/files/inline-files/vntn2022-032-senior-field-security-assistant.pdf
equired Qualifications Education & Experience & skills:
• University degree in Security, Law Enforcement, Military Studies, Social Sciences, International Studies, Communications or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience with the UN Peacekeeping or Humanitarian security field; Experience in planning, and operational execution of security management systems private sector an advantage.
• Previous experience in dealing with law enforcement agencies.
• Experience in the North Africa and Middle East security context to network effectively as a local LSA Languages: Fluency in French, Arabic, English (written and spoken) is required.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for 5 appointments, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Vaccination against COVID-19 is required. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
• This is a national position and as such only Tunisian citizens and legal residents with authorization to work in Tunis at the time of the application will be considered
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
• The list of accredited institutions can be found at https://www.whed.net/home.php
How to apply
The UN agency for Migration – IOM Tunisia is looking for Field Security Assistant according to the terms of reference stipulated below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications including: CVs and cover letter specifying the motivation for applications to Tunisrecruitment@iom.int no later than 17th June 2022; indicating the following reference code in the subject: SVNTN2022-026- Field Security Assistant. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.