Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Compliance Officer
- The objective of the role is support the programmes compliance unit to provide quality assurance and support management to adopt realistic solutions which address the root causes of major identified risks.
- The Senior Compliance Officer will be required to support the Programmes Compliance Manager to work with GF to understand donor rules & regulations and liaise with relevant partners and colleagues at Malaria Consortium to ensure the requirements are met.
- The function of the role will expand to cover other donors as the portfolio of projects in country office increases.
Programme Campaign Support (40%):
- Identify key areas of risk within the programmes and propose appropriate measures to mitigate the risks and monitor their implementation
- Conduct compliance checks on programmes campaigns preparations (e.g. SMC & LLIN) and support in identifying areas requiring improvements
- Carry out compliance spot checks on campaigns implementation, closure activities and post campaign activities.
- Carry out spot checks on all campaign commodities (drugs and other materials) before, during and after distribution in the selected states
- Conduct compliance checks on campaign related procurements carried out at the state levels (per ASL) before contracts/POs are issued to vendors
- Support the programmes compliance unit to conduct post campaign compliance review highlighting areas requiring improvements.
Programme Compliance (40%):
- Conduct regular compliance checks on other non-campaign related activities in the selected states (e.g. review PO’s and Contracts)
- Conduct specific review or tasks requested by MC Management, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the Senior Compliance Officer’s independence or objectivity
- Identify potential risk areas in the course of compliance review and provide recommendations on how to strengthen the system
Continuous improvement (10%):
- Support in promoting a country office -wide culture of compliance and risk management
- Work with the Programmes Compliance Manager to advise project management and general staff on critical intersections between project implementation and compliance issues, based on knowledge of organizational policy, donor regulations, and specific award terms and conditions.
- Provide support to the programmes compliance manager to generate report on internal process issues and the implementation of quality assurance action plans to the West and Central Africa Programmes Director
Qualifications and Experience:
- General and Public Administration, Auditing/Accountancy, Programme Management qualification or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ experience, with at least three years’ work-experience in internal audit/compliance
- Significant experience of working with donors and Grants.
- Knowledge of Global Fund and DFID rules and regulation including the financial and technical reporting requirements
- An ACA, ACCA or certification in compliance and risk management is preferred.
- Knowledge of the NGO sector
- Experience of working in an international context.
- Experience working in a compliance environment
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- A proven ability to work independently and prioritise and manage your workload to complete assessments and deliver timely reports
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a readiness to take initiative to resolve issues
- An ability to work with management to identify the root cause of issues
- Attention to detail to deliver accurate and credible results and objective assurance
- Good interpersonal skills with a persuasive, diplomatic and confident manner while also demonstrating the tenacity to effectively challenge management.
- An ability to build effective working relationships and provide advice at all levels
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- Familiar with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of internal auditing
- Confident being a role model for others
- Willing to travel to the field at short notice
- Team player.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2022 (23:59 BST).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.