Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100 countries and has 20,000 staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. We have over 800 staff working in 8 locations across Ukraine.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Senior Buyer in its delegation in Kyiv.
The Senior Buyer plans and directs the activities of the Buyers, who purchase goods and services for the ICRC’s operations. S/he oversees supplier evaluations and purchase negotiations. S/he reports to the Country Procurement Manager.
- Implements the ICRC’s strategic orientations for procurement by translating them into operational planning and concrete activities, with an emphasis on meeting quality, social and environmental (QSE) requirements.
- Provides data to the Supply-Chain Coordinators and other supply-chain staff ahead of collaborative demand planning (CDP) meetings; may participate in the meetings.
- Conducts regular market surveys based on analysis of historical data, the goods and services purchase portfolio and CDP; draws up the regional and global supplier databases; ensures that the correct supplier panels are available for all goods and services in their assigned country (or in the region if there is no reference Logistics Support Centre (LSC)).
- Manages the procurement staff in sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing and miscellaneous internal procurement-support activities; ensures that staff collaborate closely with the quality-management team and that they follow the ICRC’s financial rules and regulations and the code of ethics.
- Is responsible for entire process related to requests for tender, selection tables and contracts, regardless of their value; ensures that they are consistent and auditable in compliance with the ICRC’s procedures and regulations.
- Is responsible for supplier-relationship management (panel management, performance evaluations and inspections/audits); based on key performance indicators, identifies and acts on cost-saving/cost-avoidance opportunities; ensures that products and services are of proper quality.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the LSC when issuing region-wide requests for tenders (for all purchases above CHF 100,000 and – specific purchases below that amount).
- Ensures that risks are mitigated by performing the controls assigned to his/her role as described in the Logistics Risk and Control Matrix
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- Masters degree in international procurement, purchasing management or equivalent
- 10 years’ of purchasing experience would be an advantage
- An experience of a procurement manager in an international organization is of added value
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian
- Strong knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practice
- Familiarity with Ukrainian procurement-related legislation and regulations understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions for mitigating legal risk
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems
- Successful experience leading a team
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 working days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 23/07/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/