Senior AV/VC and Broadcast Solutions and Design Architect
Job #: req23509
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 8/7/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations. Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
ITSGC Department Context
The Global Telecoms & Client Services (ITSGC) department within ITS provides global communications and client services, products, and support for all member organizations across the World Bank Group. Services provided by ITSGC include global network, unified communications (Telephony, Audiovisual, and Videoconferencing), end-user device and mobility service provisioning, IT support (Helpdesk, front-line IT support and IT training), for the entire World Bank Group, as well as coordination and implementation of all infrastructure projects facing World Bank Group country offices.
This position is a part of ITS Unified Communications (ITSCU) unit under ITSGC. The IT/AV/Broadcast Solutions Architect will work with ITSCU Engineering team to provide subject matter expertise, and lead in IT system design, integration, management, and support duties for the IT infrastructure used in large (enterprise) scale audiovisual, broadcast, and event production facilities across HQ and Country Offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide advanced technical and thought leadership in the field of IT and AV/VC Broadcasting.
- Work closely with the ITSGC and other ITS Departments to ensure that all AV-IT-Broadcast systems function at the highest levels of up-time and comply with ITS Security disciplines on both private and public networks.
- Minimize loss of service by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision.
- Troubleshoot and repair IT-based hardware, software and network technology systems that provide AV and broadcast services both locally and internationally.
- Work with WBG ITS departments on common network interfaces across the enterprise, identifying policies and procedures that can both hinder and enhance AV operations. Determine and define appropriate governance to ensure maximum uptime of all AV and Broadcast systems.
- Collaborate with in-house Office of Information Security to ensure compliance or risk mitigation with WBG’s security posture.
- Install, repair, test and troubleshoot equipment as needed, in order to keep systems functional.
- Coordinate and manage the repair of equipment with outside service personnel and authorized manufacturer service centers.
- Monitor service level indicators of equipment using both traditional and online tools and provide guidance for those working with the equipment on a daily basis.
- Evaluate IT equipment condition, create, and execute lifecycle replacement plan.
- Recommend and perform upgrades to infrastructure, including replacement of systems and equipment to meet service level agreements of a 100% uptime operation.
- Document all network designs, IP schemes, and manage all software and firmware in concert with Engineering Maintenance Department.
- Trains others in engineering department on best practices in troubleshooting, designing and support IT systems.
- Perform technology watch on industry/market trends advising management on benefits and disadvantages of related decisions and the impact on business
- Recommend alternatives to infrastructure including replacement of systems and equipment to meet agreed service levels
- Supporting client technology initiatives, lead AV integration projects, break/fix program, manage project resources, and meet with internal stakeholders to guide their planning.
- Supervise installation of equipment and maintenance for audiovisual and video conference room systems.
- Execute on plans for delivery of communications solutions for meeting, webinar, and event in conference spaces
- Provide high-level familiarity with AV and VC systems and equipment; intuitively interact with new equipment and applications with ease
- Provide detailed CAD designs including elevations, reflected ceiling plans, line drawings, and annotated floor plans for project planning and installation.
- Manage integration projects; take the business requirements from the client and work with a team to deliver their final technology integration in support of their communication goals
- Facilitate meetings to keep projects on track and project teams/stakeholders well informed on project status; Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Serve as the communication hub between the client, the Engineering team, and the management team by effectively and regularly communicating project expectations to project team members and stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison between the client’s Project Manager and the facilities contractors responsible for installing components critical to AV operations (power, data etc.). Ensure a timely and accurate integration of these non-AV components within the installation timeline.
- Develop KPI’s to ensure proper service metrics and utilization are tracked
- Create/update drawings as needed for room modifications and installations
- Continually develops and documents drawing and documentation standards for AV systems.
- Maintain project stability and velocity by proactively managing changes in integration project scope, identifying potentials pitfalls, and devising contingency plans
- Develop Engineering staff training and development plan, encouraging new learning and certifications.
- Master’s degree in engineering or IT related field with 8 years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and engineering experience in Broadcast, and AV related field.
- AVIXA certification of CTS, CTS -D or CTS -I are required
- CCIE, CCNA Video, or related certifications are highly desired
Role specific Experience:
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and an interest in developing new strategies in Audiovisual and Broadcasting systems
- Proficient understanding of network hardware and infrastructure protocols for IP based system design and implementation. Knowledge of software for configuring managed layer 2 switches, routers and firewalls, bridges, multiplexors, point-to-point data circuits via copper and fiber for audio and video.
- Superior knowledge of current industry practices, standards and procedures in AV system design and communication protocols.
- Evaluate, design, recommend and implement AV systems
- Integrate the following into AV designs: hardware, software, and cloud solutions, while supporting content sharing, web/video conferencing, video recording/production, live streaming, and on-demand video
- Review the layout of floor plans, riser diagrams, schedules, specification notes and details.
- Familiar with all types of AV equipment and control systems, including programming of AMX, Crestron and DSP units.
- Full understanding of Simultaneous Interpretation systems including technology solutions from industry manufacturers such as TAIDEN and/or Televic.
- Experience in planning and deploying new technologies across the organization
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of effective practices for dealing with clients in a variety of situations
- Expresses thoughts and ideas effectively in oral and written communications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment and across multiple time zones.
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions
- Ability to apply problem solving strategies to evaluate and solve problems effectively
- Copes effectively and is productive under work stress
- Ability to deal sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues both within and outside the organization
- Experienced in AV project management interfacing with internal partners and external vendors across multiple projects
- Ability to conduct research and analysis on difficult, but well-defined tasks; articulate issues and recommend solutions.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.