RFQ No.: JSI-NIG-TAX-2022-22-07
Estimated Issuance Date: July 22, 2022
Closing Date for Questions: July 29, 2022
Submission of Quotations: Deadline for Receipt of Quotations: August 3rd, 2022 12pm
Submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Point of Contact: reply the above mail address.
John Snow Inc. (Herein referred to as “JSI”) is soliciting quotations for tax consulting services.
Please submit your most competitive quotation in accordance with the instructions. A contractual agreement will be awarded as a result of this RFQ. Any award issued as a result of this RFQ will be subject to all instructions, product specifications, certifications and terms and conditions included in this RFQ. This RFQ document includes the following parts:
PART A: Cover Page
PART B: Instructions
PART C: Services Specifications
PART D: Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension
JSI is committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity in procurement. JSI has zero tolerance for fraud and strictly prohibits bribes, kick-backs, gratuities, and any other gifts in-kind or in monetary form. JSI also strictly prohibits collusion (bid rigging) between vendors and between vendors and JSI staff. JSI selects vendors on merit and will only engage vendors who demonstrate strong business ethics. Vendors must not participate in bid-rigging or attempt to offer any fee, commission, gift, gratuity or any compensation in-kind or in monetary form to JSI employees. Vendors who do so will be disqualified from doing business with JSI. Additionally, JSI has a conflict-of-interest policy that requires staff to disclose when there is a potential conflict of interest due to the staff-member’s relationship with a vendor, and if necessary, to refrain from participation in a procurement involving that vendor. If at any time your organization has concerns that an employee has violated JSI policy, you may submit a report via JSI’s Code of Conduct Helpline at: www.jsi.ethicspoint.com.
PART B: INSTRUCTIONS
Offeror: The organization or firm providing quotes for the services requested under this RFQ.
Buyer: John Snow Inc. – Herein referred to as JSI
B. Submission Deadline
Quotations must be received no later than 12pm on Wednesday, August 3, 2022 to the firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please reference the RFQ number JSI-NIG-TAX-2022-22-07 (Tax consulting services) in the subject line of your email submission. Quotations received after the submission deadline will be marked late. JSI reserves the right not to consider quotations received after the submission deadline.
All questions and requests for clarification regarding this RFQ must be submitted in writing byJuly 29, 2022, at 5pmto above mail addresses. Questions received after this date may not be considered.
D. Quotation Requirements:
- Proposed fixed amount for completion of the services in accordance with the technical specifications and requirements as stated in Part C.
- Fee must be provided in Nigerian Naira.
- Fee must be all-inclusive of any taxes and indirect costs.
● Business Information:
- Valid business license/ certificate of incorporation.
- Company Profile. This should include overview of company’s experience in the supply of services stated in this RFQ.
- Past performance information such as provision of references, client list and description of other similar tasks performed, etc. preferably from international NGOs.
- Offeror should certify as to the financial viability and resources to provide offered services with the period of performance.
● Completed and signed certifications (Part E).
- Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, or Proposed Debarment
All goods and services offered in response to this RFQ must meet the source and nationality requirements set forth in United States Code of Federal Regulations, 22 CFR 228. Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Laos, Libya, North Korea, and Syria are prohibited source countries and no goods can be produced or sourced from those countries.
JSI intends to issue a contract to one firm who best meet the criteria specified in this RFQ and are determined to be responsible and eligible per the specified items.
G. Evaluation & Selection Criteria:
Quotations will be preliminarily reviewed for basic responsiveness and completeness. The quotations must be submitted on time and meet all requirements as stated in Section D above. Quotations not meeting these requirements may not receive further consideration.
JSI will evaluate responsive quotations on a “best value” basis, considering a variety of factors including but not limited to technical acceptability of offered services, price, and past performance.
H. Terms of Award
This document is a request for quotations only, and in no way obligates JSI or its donor to make any award.
I. Payment Terms
JSI payment cycle is net 30 days upon receipt of goods/services, inspection and acceptance of goods/services as in compliance with the terms of the award and receipt of vendor invoice. Full cooperation with JSI in meeting the terms and conditions of payment will be given the highest consideration.
J. Offer Validity
The Offeror’s quotation must remain valid for not less than 120 calendar days after the deadline specified above.
The Offeror’s most competitive quotation is requested. It is anticipated that any award issued will be made solely on the basis of these quotations. However, JSI reserves the right to request responses to additional technical, management and cost questions which would help in decision making. JSI also reserves the right to conduct negotiations on technical, management, or cost issues prior to the award of a contract with selected offerors. In the event that an agreement cannot be reached with a selected supplier, JSI reserves the right to enter into negotiations with alternate Offerors for the purpose of making the award without any obligation to previously considered offers.
L. Rejection of Quotations:
JSI reserves the right to reject any and all quotations received or to negotiate separately with any and all competing Offerors.
M. Incurring Costs:
JSI is not liable for any cost incurred by Offerors during preparation, submission, or negotiation of an award for this RFQ. The costs are solely the responsibility of the Offeror.
JSI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the request, to alter the selection process, to modify or amend the specifications and scope of work specified in this RFQ.
JSI may cancel this RFQ without any cost or obligation at any time until issuance of the award.
PART C: TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENT (SERVICES):
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is requesting quotations from a certified tax firm that have extensive experience in providing tax related advisory services for profit and not-for-profit organizations in Nigeria. We invite your firm to submit a proposal to us by 29th July, 2022 for consideration. A description of our organization, the services needed and other pertinent information follows:
SCOPE OF WORK:
As stipulated by Nigeria tax, it is the responsibility of every organization to withhold tax on all taxable transactions for any payment to their vendors/contractors and remitted to the appropriate tax agency within a reasonable time period.
John Snow Inc. as an organization is committed to abide by the laws of the hosted country as a responsible organization. JSI is seeking a tax firm to review taxes withheld to date and validate that it’s been to ensure that all taxes withheld to date are acc
- Reconciliation of JSI withholding tax and Personal Income Tax (Pay as You Earn-PAYE) report to ensure accuracy and completeness of the accrued withholding and PAYE figures from 2019 till May 31,2022
- Liaise with the tax authorities (FCT-IRS and FIRS) on the methodology to be use in remitting vendors/Artisans without Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- Filing all tax returns- withholding tax and PAYE payments (Tax remittances) from 2019 T0 May, 2022 to obtain the tax clearances/certificates
Key outcomes of the assignment:
- Confirmation of PAYE and withholding tax for both FCT-IRS and FIRS.
- Securing withholding tax receipt for the vendors\Contractors
- Securing Tax Clearing certificate for all staff
- Tax compliance evidence for the organization (JSI)
We estimate these services to take (10) days and will need to be completed by no later than August 31, 2022.
III. Experience and Qualifications
- The firm must have demonstrated understanding of all Nigerian tax laws
- The firm must have at least one Chartered Accountant/tax professional
- The Offeror must be fully registered and operating in Nigeria for the past 5 years or more.
- Evidence of past extensive and demonstrable experience performing tax consultancy services for similar organizations and similar scope of work
- Must be willing to declare a conflict of interest in all matters if there is a possibility of any.
PART D: Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, or Proposed Debarment
By signing and submitting this certification, the offeror certified that neither it nor any of its Principals are ( ) are not ( ) presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, or otherwise declared ineligible from participation in this transaction by any Federal department or agency.
Vendor Name: _______________________________________
Signatory Name: _______________________________________
Signatory Title: _______________________________________