Hardship Level: E (most hardship)
Family Type: Non Family
Family Type: Non FamilyDanger Pay
Residential location (if applicable): Grade: GS6
Staff Member / Affiliate Type: General Service
Reason: Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted: No
Target Start Date: 2023-07-16
Job Posting End Date: June 3, 2023
Standard Job Description: Reintegration Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The incumbent provides technical support relating to the assistance of urban, rural, and camp based refugees in a country of asylum or returnees in a country of origin, the host communities and IDPs in their achievement of sustainable solutions. The job requires direct contact with the target population in assessing needs and considering aspects of age, gender and diversity mainstreaming in planning, the needs of host communities and political and socio-economic context.
The staff member works closely with UNHCR’s Programme, Protection and Technical units to ensure that UNHCR Operation in a concerned country reflects the (re)integration strategy of its programme components and that UNHCR’s protection principles are reflected in the strategy.
The staff member is normally supervised by Reintegration/Programme Officer, Snr. Programme /Snr. Reintegration Officer or Head of Sub-Office and receives guidance and advice on technical matters from the Country Office/ Bureau and relevant Units at HQ, divisions.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic, and cultural developments that have an impact on the operational environment and prepare briefing notes.
- Support managing a consultative process within the office and with external partners on Reintegration programming, including the Priority Areas of Return Reintegration (PARRs) to ensure the harmonization with broader national or area-based development plans.
- Support develop and maintain strategic partnership with development agencies, bilateral agencies, civil societies, and the private sector etc., including for area-based humanitarian-development-peace investments.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports on achievements, challenges, lessons learned by providing descriptive information, preparing information products, etc.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and evaluation of reintegration related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Support effective information management through the provision of disaggregated data on PoC and their problems.
- Participate in initiatives related to strengthening of national capacities authorities, relevant institutions, and NGOs to strengthen reintegration response mechanisms.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners.
- Support (re)integration projects with partners including operational partners, government offices, UN agencies and civil societies.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports, meeting notes, interpretation, and translation of documents etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Social sciences, Economics, Business Administration,
International affairs, International development and other related fields
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Demonstrated experience working with humanitarian and development actors, and understanding of humanitarian and development programming.
Knowledge of socioeconomic dynamics, partnerships for solutions towards forced displacement, and UNHCR Operational context and Reintegration programming.
Ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment.
Experience with development agencies.
PR-Reintegration-Engagement of development actors
IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile: N/A
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):: ,
Desired languages: ,
Operational context: Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:: Nature of Position:: Living and Working Conditions:: Additional Qualifications: Skills
CO-Cross-cultural communication, IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software, MG-Priority Setting, MG-Time Management, PR-Reintegration-Engagement of development actors, SO-Interpersonal skillsEducation
Business Administration – Other, Economics – Other, International Affairs – Other, International Development – Other, Social Sciences – OtherWork Experience
Competencies: Accountability, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Judgement & decision making, Negotiation & conflict resolution, Organizational awareness, Political awareness, Stakeholder management, Teamwork & collaboration
UNHCR Salary Calculator: https://icsc.un.org/Home/SalaryScales
Compendium: Additional Information: Functional clearance: This position doesn’t require a functional clearance