Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but also critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention as well as AIDS care and treatment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Compliance & Internal Audit Manager
Requisition Number: REGIO001264
Location: Asokoro, Abuja
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Compliance
Reports to: The Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director
- Provides overall support for the implementation of Pathfinder’s organizational compliance and internal audit programs and serves as the local support for internal investigations, compliance reviews, and internal audit activities.
- Has oversight of in-country investigations, and as appropriate conducts, coordinates, and/or collaborates on investigations with relevant subject matter experts in other business units.
- Provides guidance to in-country investigators and other Local Compliance Officers (LCOs) as assigned. Leads Mozambique risk identification and assessment process with key stakeholders.
- Supports the implementation of risk management and mitigation controls to ensure compliance with applicable US and international laws and regulations; donor requirements; and Pathfinder policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Completes compliance and internal audit testing programs in Mozambique and regionally as assigned.
Key Job Outcomes
Compliance Program Implementation:
- Provides overall support for the development and implementation of the Pathfinder compliance program, including compliance training and communications, internal reporting, and integration of compliance into Pathfinder business
Ongoing Compliance Review Testing:
- Execute assigned compliance reviews of operations in Mozambique (Maputo and Satellite offices), subrecipient/partner organizations, and other regional locations in ESA where Pathfinder International operates.
- Supports Compliance Team in overseeing and conducting investigations which might involve misconduct by employees, sub-awardees, agents, or vendors across Pathfinder offices by partnering with other Business Unit leads e.g. Internal Audit, HR.
- Implements best practices to ensure investigations are unbiased, timely, and conducted in accordance with Pathfinder policy and protocols and industry standard.
- Ensures staff are aware of appropriate channels for reporting compliance issues and coordinates with Compliance and Internal Audit to ensure appropriate tracking of compliance and audit issues.
- Coordinates with Mozambique and other country offices to implement key initiatives.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
- Conducts risk assessments and develops risk management and mitigation plans to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations; donor requirements; and Pathfinder policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Assists with implementation of risk management and mitigation plans.
- Supports Global Compliance, Internal Audit, and other stakeholders on risk identification process. Supports in the development of a risk dashboard at the country level and regionally as assigned.
- Provides ongoing training and support in the areas of compliance, ensuring donor rules and regulations are incorporated.
- Support key compliance assurance including deployment of effective and efficient mechanisms to prevent, detect, identify, and correct noncompliance with applicable law and regulations, donor requirements, and Pathfinder policies and standards.
Support and Execute Internal Audit Activities:
- Findings, Recommendations and Follow Up: Coordinates with Global Internal Audit on regular audits of Pathfinder and donor awards transactions, Pathfinder’s monitoring of sub recipient program and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements, accounting records, procurements, management of supplies and equipment, sub awards, planned payees and training participants, HR records, award closeout checklists and exercises, and control systems for conformity with generally accepted principles and practices, Pathfinder International policies and donor requirements.
- Reports: Reports on findings and Follows a concise report in Pathfinder Internal Audit format along with a corrective action plan which includes Management Responses, Corrective Actions Taken/To Be Taken, Deadline for Corrective Actions for Country Office Management to sign.
- Country Office and Sub Recipient Audits: Participates in the process of external country office and sub recipient audits and assists with follow-up and closure of audit findings.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 – 10 years of experience in compliance or audit functions, including a minimum 3 years of experience conducting investigations, fraud examinations, or compliance investigations in the private or public
- 5 years international non-profit experience, including with regulatory and legal requirements of grants and contracts funded by USAID and foundations
- Must be fluent in French and/or Portuguese
- Prefer: Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or host-nation equivalent preferred
- Prefer: Experience with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Prefer: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Compliance Program Development: Foundational knowledge of the elements of an effective compliance program and ability to operate in an international matrixed
- Compliance Regulations and Requirements: Foundational knowledge of the laws, regulations and policies applicable to international NGOs working under grants and contracts funded by USAID, other government, foundations and other
- Investigation Oversight: Sound knowledge of generally-accepted investigative standards, principles and techniques.
- Ability to provide direction to other compliance and investigative officers and to interact with internal and external clients regarding identified
- Investigative Capabilities: Able to identify issues, analyze data, problem-solve, and make independent judgments.
- Thorough knowledge of interviewing techniques and advanced active listening skills.
- Ability to draft and finalize comprehensive written reports detailing the results of investigations. Experience conducting social media and public source investigations.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Intermediate skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including timely completion of investigations and related risk management
- Training and Development: Ability to develop and deliver training to small and large
- Internal Audit Standards: Knowledge and basic understanding of professional internal audit standards outlined by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) as well as the COSO framework of internal control. Ability to follow internal audit
- Audit Reports: Ability to develop audit reports according to standards and
- US Government, Donor and Pathfinder International Rules and Regulations: Advanced knowledge of US government rules and regulations including USAID, CDC, and advanced knowledge of other donor rules and
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Analytical, Communications and Influencing Skills: Proven analytical ability and deep written and oral communication skills, including ability to persuade others at all levels of the
- Multi-tasking Skills: Ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time and work cooperatively with multiple
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently and as a member of the team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language (Portuguese) and English language
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Travel Required (at least 20%), including International travel
- Uses cellular or desk phone; laptop or desktop computer.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online