Developed by the ONFP- National Office for Family and Population, with the support of the UNFPA- United Nations Population Fund in Tunisia, the “SexoSanté” mobile application aims to raise awareness among young people and adolescents -es to sexual and reproductive health by providing accurate information and education on various topics such as puberty, adolescence, pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, contraception, and many others. In this context, an evaluation diagnosis of the application is essential to guarantee its relevance and effectiveness as a mobile educational platform. The ultimate objective of this mission is to ensure that “SexoSanté” optimally responds to the sexual and reproductive health needs of young people and adolescents, by providing reliable information and encouraging meaningful engagement. This will ensure the effectiveness and positive impact of the application in its contribution to education and awareness. To this end, UNFPA plans to recruit a consultant (or groups of consultants) to conduct a Gender Health assessment diagnosis.
The main objectives of this diagnosis are:
- Identify areas for improvement
- Evaluate the user experience
- Evaluate Sexosanté social networks (Facebook, Instagram and Youtube Channel)
- To evaluate the overall effectiveness of the SexoSanté application.
- Identify growth opportunities and expand the reach of Sexosanté
- To make recommendations on the strategies to adopt to ensure its upgrading
- To formulate a strategy for promoting the application (digital marketing)
Sexosanté falls into the category of digital mobile learning solutions which have become increasingly popular tools for educating young people and adolescents on several themes and subjects.
The evaluation diagnosis of these solutions: its use, its promotion, its relevance, and its added value in its environment, and its potential for sustainability and evolution.
The consultant will be required to ensure the inclusion of these following parameters in the Sexosanté diagnosis
- Quality and Relevance of Content: Adaptation, accessibility, link with the targeted learning objectives and the target audience, attractiveness, and effectiveness of the content
- Educational Impact and Learning Objectives: whether the application effectively supports learning objectives and outcomes, and the collection of evidence on improvements in knowledge, skills and behaviors resulting from use of the application
- User Engagement and Interaction: Quantifying the level of engagement and interaction with users, analyzing features such as quizzes, gamification, and social elements and evaluating the use of multimedia supports (videos, animations, etc.) .) to increase user engagement.
- User Experience and Interface Design: evaluation of the overall user interface of the application, ease of navigation, intuitiveness, design, charter, visual accessibility and navigation.
- Technical Performance and Stability: including loading time, stability, and responsiveness, across multiple devices and operating systems.
- Availability and Accessibility
- Marketing and Promotion: Analysis of marketing strategy, and use of promotional efforts, and retention strategies.
- Added Value and Unique Selling Points: Identification of existing or potential unique features that differentiate the application from others and whether the application offers added value to users beyond what traditional education methods offer.
- Potential for development and upgrade
- Technical Support and Maintenance: the availability and quality of technical support for users and the ability to resolve technical problems.
- Data Protection and Security: how the app manages user data, privacy and security.
- Environmental impact
Duration of the mission:
50 days of work between October 10, 2023 and December 31, 2023, distributed as follows:
Duration of the Mission: 50 days
- Documentation and Review Phase (5 days): To be concluded on October 20, 2023
- In-depth review of documents and information concerning the Sexosanté application.
- Study of the objectives, characteristics and scope of the application.
- Analysis of previous reports and available data.
- Data Collection Tools Conceptualization Phase (5 days): To be concluded on October 31, 2023
- Development of a detailed methodology for each evaluation parameter.
- Design of data collection tools, including questionnaires, interview guides and analysis criteria.
- Data Collection, Analysis and Submission of Results Phase (25 days): To be concluded on December 5, 2023
- Data collection from users, interviews, focus groups, and technical analyses.
- Analysis of data collected for each evaluation parameter.
- Preparation of a preliminary report of results and findings.
- Presentation and Finalization Phase (10 days): To be concluded on December 25, 2023
- Presentation of preliminary results to stakeholders
- Receiving comments and feedback from stakeholders.
- Finalization of the overall assessment report with detailed recommendations.
- Overall diagnostic report: A comprehensive report presenting the results, conclusions and recommendations of the assessment. It covers user experience, content quality, technical performance, educational impact and avenues for improvement.
- Action Plan for Improvement and Upgrade of the application and its interface: A detailed plan that proposes specific actions to strengthen the user experience, optimize educational content, improve technical performance and maximize impact of the application.
Facilitating a workshop to present the results: A presentation summarizing the results of the evaluation and the recommendations intended for the main stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree in education, information and communication technology, social sciences or related field.
- Professional experience evaluating educational mobile applications, preferably in the area of sexual and reproductive health.
- Professional experience in digital marketing
- In-depth knowledge of assessment concepts, user experience, instructional design and data analysis.
Expertise Technique :
- Mastery of the development of mobile applications and digital solutions (iOS, Android, hybrid frameworks).
- Knowledge of application design principles, user experience (UX) best practices and mobile application design and marketing guidelines.
- Competence in qualitative and quantitative evaluation methodologies.
- Ability to design data collection tools adapted to each evaluation parameter.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret analytics data, usage metrics and user feedback.
- Mastery of data analysis tools and techniques (Excel, statistical software, data visualization).
Knowledge and skills :
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to produce comprehensive reports.
- Ability to critically analyze the educational, technical and environmental aspects of an application.
- Knowledge of best practices in mobile and education application evaluation.
- Sensitivity to sexual and reproductive health issues, as well as ethical and confidentiality aspects.
- Skilled in project management and time management.
- Ability to work independently and in close collaboration with stakeholders.
- Creative thinking and ability to propose solutions for improvement.
- Ability to ask critical questions and challenge traditional approaches.
– Perfect oral and written command of French
– Fluency in Arabic and English is an asset
How to apply
The application file must include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) :
– A detailed CV highlighting your education, work experience, relevant technical skills and references.
- Examples of Previous Work:
– Concrete examples of similar evaluation projects that you have carried out in the past, highlighting the results obtained and the recommendations made.
- Technical and Financial Proposal:
– A combined proposal describing both your methodological approach for the evaluation of the “SexoSanté” application and your financial offer. Explain how you plan to carry out each step of the evaluation in relation to the parameters stated above, and include financial details.
Deadline for sending the application: September 25, 2023 at midnight
Please send your request to the following address:
For more details: consult the terms of reference: https://tunisia.unfpa.org/fr/submission/recrutement-dune-consultante-ou-groupes-de-consultante-s-pour-mener-un-diagnostic