The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Sector Operations Analyst
- The Analyst provides analytical and procedural support to the Public Sector function for project processing, procurement, and portfolio management and performs a full range of administrative, data collection, analytical, and support duties, in order to support in the decision making of the Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in recruiting short-term consultants by preparing shortlists, request for proposals, evaluation of proposals, and contract award recommendations.
- Updates information and performance of projects, status of implementation, developments, major problems, and actions taken/proposed.
- Contributes to the preparation and the monitoring of the Annual Work Program and regular updates of the Work Programs for the Operational Region using the established or as directed schedules.
- Provides operational support that contribute to the Regional output and mandate.
Data collection and analysis:
- Collects and provides data that are necessary for the execution of the work program.
- Gathers data according to requirements and create reliable data platforms.
- Validates information to establish its accuracy and resource reference.
- Gathers data from project progress and performance reports, and provide input to the incumbent SCM and CM.
- Carries out collection and analyses of supervision data, disbursement ledgers and procurement data of active projects in the portfolio of the Operational Region with particular focus on reporting on the performance of active projects and giving special attention to alerted projects.
- Conducts ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Conducts data analysis of country assessment reports for divisional programme/project activities in the region.
- Provides analytical inputs to regional reports and documents.
- Supports the effectiveness of knowledge sharing activities in the region by data collection and analysis and systematization required for portfolio management.
- Assist in preparing briefs, reports and papers for the Regional Director, SCM and CM.
- Drafts regular and periodic reports on projects, country operations strategies, including lessons learned, on the basis of project appraisal reports and implementation experiences.
- Reviews project evaluation reports.
- Reports on accuracy and completeness of MIS/EDMS data regarding the Operational Region’s portfolio (partner countries and operations).
Project financing support:
- Works in close collaboration with the regional team to support the project and loan portfolio management in the region.
- Supports the Operational Region through the identification of development initiatives and best practices, maintains counterpart contacts needed to promote partnerships as well as implementation support.
- Contributes to the development of knowledge management on themes and innovations of particular relevance for the Operational Region.
- Liaises, on behalf of the RD, with officers inside and outside the Department/ Unit, to give or obtain information.
- Assists the RD with the coordination of submissions in relation to budget, reports, documents, presentations and work programs.
- Ensures that the RD has all the relevant files needed for the Ministerial Council, Governing Board Meetings and Sub-Committees, as well as other high-level meetings, when necessary.
- Perform other duties as required by the Regional Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics / Political Science / Finance / Management or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition, preferably 1 – 2 years at an international development finance institution.
- Fluent in English and a good working knowledge of French is desired.
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is subject to Local recruitment. Candidates with valid Residency and authorized permit to work in Vienna are also eligible to apply.