As the German Red Cross (DRC) it is our job to be there for people and to help them – only according to the measure of need. The Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement has been providing comprehensive help to people for more than 150 years. No matter what we do and where we work, our seven principles of the Red Cross are always guiding action: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntariness, unity and universality.
In the DRK General Secretariat in Berlin help shape the future direction of the DRK e.V. as a national Red Cross society, the umbrella organization for free welfare and the independent youth association. Every day they help people in Germany and worldwide to receive help – solely according to the level of need.
Public Relations Officer (m / f / d)
As of January 1st, 2024 we are looking for you as Public Relations Officer (m / f / d).
The position is anchored in the youth and welfare area of the DRC General Secretariat and assigned to the team „ Youth Cross “. The German Youth Red Cross (DJRK) is the independent youth association of the German Red Cross (DRC). In the youth cross there are over 140,000 young people in approx. 5,500 youth groups organized and committed nationwide. The support of the member associations, the educational, school and international youth work, the organization and support of JRK committees and the nationwide events are among the tasks of the federal office in the DRC general secretariat.
Employment takes place full-time (39h / week). The employment offer is initially limited to 2 years. Long-term employment is sought.
- Editorial planning and strategic development of the JRK public relations work, online and offline
- Independent texts on the subject areas of the youth red cross as well as red cross topics and general youth-related topics
- Technical and content editing of the websites of the Youth Red Cross
- Support and further development of the social media channels ( current Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp / Threema )
- Support, editing and text of various JRK publications, e.g. B. Annual reports, brochures, presentations, guidelines etc.
- Layout of JRK materials
- Press work ( Writing press releases, processing inquiries )
- Strategic planning and implementation of public relations work also in cooperation with external service providers: identification of communication events, JRC campaigns, development of advertising materials, further development of the corporate design
- Concept and text for advertising materials
- Management of working groups
- Advising the JRK employees in the subdivisions as well as providing information and materials from public relations
- Expansion and maintenance of the JRK photo pool
- Cooperation and representation of the JRK in projects in the youth media sector
- Participation in youth association committees
- Creation and management of the annual budget with budget responsibility
- Completed university degree
- Understanding of and experience in press and public relations: target group-specific formulation on different channels, formulation skills and a safe, activating writing style as well as cooperative action at different association and actor levels
- Knowledge and practical experience in the maintenance and design of websites as well as social media work: experience with the CMS Typo3 as well as graphic applications (Canva, Adobe Photoshop), confident use of office programs (MS Office 365)
- If possible, experience in youth and adult education, in cooperation with volunteers and / or in youth association work
- Willingness to work on weekends and evenings
- Independent work
- Appreciation of the Red Cross principles, the voluntary, federal structure and the humanitarian mandate
- Working in a committed and friendly team
- The whole variety of topics of one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the world
- Space for ideas, lots of design space, new challenges every day
- A responsible and versatile activity in the context of humanity
- Space for your professional and personal development in an experienced and committed team
- Fair working conditions according to the DRK reform collective agreement
- Remuneration according to remuneration group 12
- 30 days of vacation per year and Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- An attractive company pension scheme (VBL)
- Flexible working time models to ensure work-life balance
- Mobile work (up to ten working days per month for full-time) with a presence at the Berlin location depending on the work requirement
- Urban Sports Club, Headspace, Babbel and other individual offers for health promotion and further development
If you have any questions, Daniela Nagelschmidt (team leader / JRK federal consultant / JRK management) will be happy to help you by phone at 030-85404-389.
Current information on the work of the German Red Cross and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement can be found on our website.
Current information on the work of the German Youth Red Cross can be found on our website
You can also find information on the processing of your personal data on our website.
As an employer, the principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement represent a special obligation for us. We welcome applications from people of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, Disability or sexual orientation.