CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 2301861
Project Technical Assistant
Job advertisement : Jul 3, 2023
Publication cancellation date : Jul 13, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: RLC
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Home-Based
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
This vacancy is framed under Regional Initiative 2 of Latin America and the Caribbean “ Prosperous and Inclusive Rural Societies ” and within the framework of the Brazil-FAO Cooperation Program for the region.
Supervision will be carried out by the Officer Responsible for the Trilateral South-South Cooperation Project “ Support the strengthening of responsible governance of the land in Latin America and the Caribbean ” ( GCP / RLA/219 / BRA ), executed within the framework of the Brazil-FAO Program for South-South cooperation, in close collaboration with the Regional Technical Coordinator of the same project.
Field of specialization
Technical support for the implementation of trilateral South-South cooperation activities within the framework of the Earth Governance agenda in Latin America and the Caribbean, with special emphasis on the implementation of the Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests in the Context of National Food Security.
Tasks and responsibilities
This vacancy aims to support the implementation of the Trilateral South-South Cooperation Project “ Support the strengthening of responsible governance of the land in Latin America and the Caribbean ” ( GCP / RLA / 219/BRA ), signed between the Brazilian Government through the Brazilian Cooperation Agency ( ABC ) and the National Institute of Colonization and Agrarian Reform ( INCRA ) and FAO, whose general objective is to improve the governance of land tenure in the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, understood as the existence of technical capacities for the resolution of land conflicts and tools for the regularization of land tenure. INCRA is the cooperating Brazilian institution operating in the project,responsible for sharing Brazil’s good practices on the issue of land governance with the partner countries of Latin America and the Caribbean involved in the initiative.
The tasks and responsibilities of this vacancy will aim to provide technical support to the regional coordination of the project in close coordination with INCRA technical managers, under the leadership of the Technical Officer Responsible for the project. The following actions are expected to be performed:
- Accompany the process of technical review and validation of concept notes, terms of references and technical documents on project topics;
- Support INCRA technical managers in preparing technical notes, presentations and documents on project topics, when necessary and / or requested;
- Support the coordination of the project in preparing meetings, according to existing demands, for the monitoring of the activities carried out and the planned actions of the project.
- Monitor the demands related to the project actions together with those responsible for their implementation;
- Support the Project Coordinator in dialogue with the technical managers of the National Institute of Colonization and Agrarian Reform ( INCRA );
- Other topics required by the coordination of the project and by the Responsible Technical Officer.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- University degree in Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences or related areas;
- 5 years of relevant experience in project implementation and support for policy dialogue on issues related to governance of land and natural resources
- Practical knowledge of Spanish;
- Practical knowledge of Portuguese
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For information about other job opportunities visit the FAO Employment Website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered. We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term. If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE