FAO is committed to ensuring – gender, balanced geographic distribution and linguistic diversity – among its staff and the international consultants it employs, to best serve Member States in all regions.
- FAO is committed to ensuring the diversity of its workforce, ensuring balanced representation of women and men as well as nationalities, profiles and cultures.
- Women, nationals ( e ) s of unrepresented or underrepresented Member States and persons with disabilities with the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Everyone working for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to respect the values of FAO.
- FAO, as the specialized agency of the United Nations, has adopted a zero tolerance policy with regard to behavior incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of power and discrimination.
- The references and background of all selected candidates will be subject to rigorous verification.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO works in partnership with governments and other development actors at global, regional and national levels to develop favorable policies and institutional environments. FAO is helping to build the capacity of countries to translate their political commitment into concrete measures to eradicate hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition worldwide.
The FAO Representation in Mauritania supports the government in several agricultural and rural development initiatives by working together to make agriculture, more productive and sustainable forestry and fishing by adopting inclusive and efficient agricultural and food systems and by increasing the resilience of livelihoods in the face of climate threats and crises.
In particular, it also works to promote responsible investment in agriculture and food systems allowing sustainable and inclusive agricultural and rural development, with particular emphasis on investment ecosystems for young people. Through the « project Stimulate responsible investment in agriculture and the food systems of young agri-entrepreneurs for the promotion of territorial development and the strengthening of the » ( FMM / GLO / sectors/179 / MUL ), FAO provides training for politicians and coaching assistants to young agri-entrepreneurs, and facilitates the establishment of a national roadmap.
The program holder will work under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in Mauritania, under the direct supervision of the Program Officer and the technical supervision of the main technical official of the FMM / GLO / 179 / MUL project.
Area of specialization
Business management, economics, or political science or related fields.
Tasks and responsibilities
In close coordination with project working groups at FAO level and with the FAO Representation in Mauritania for country-specific activities, the/the Project Support Specialist will carry out the following activities :
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of program and project action plans;
- Support the Program in preparatory activities for the organization of workshops and seminars required by projects;
- Facilitate periodic project meetings and provide technical or administrative support to Mauritanian consultants and resource persons from the various Ministries and agencies supporting the FMM / GLO / 179 / project/MUL ( meetings with the stakeholders concerned and support missions in the field ) and ensure the evaluation of progress on a day-to-day basis;
- Support the Program in the logistical arrangements of field missions ( security clearance, security escort request, mission order etc … );
- Monitor current contracts, consultants and service providers; participate in the publication, selection and evaluation process of consultants ;
- Accompany in the selection process of implementing partners ( Contracts, Memoranda of Agreement );
- Ensure the documentation of projects ( FPMIS ), the archiving and updating of program files;
- Identify the risks and possible problems and formulate corrective responses / measures necessary for the proper functioning of projects, if necessary.
- Provide project support in the implementation of toolkits at local and national levels, as well as support for new trainers to ensure an effective transfer of this assistance to national institutions ;
- Perform any other tasks requested by the hierarchy.
THE CANDIDATURES WILL BE CONSIDERED WITH REGARD TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
Minimum conditions to be fulfilled
- Diplôme universitaire en gestion d’entreprise, économie, ou en sciences politiques ou dans des domaines connexes ;
- Avoir au moins 03 ans d’expérience dans le domaine développement de projets / gestion de programmes ;
- Connaissance courante (niveau C) du Français, la connaissance pratique (niveau B) de l’Arabe et des langues nationales serait un atout ;
- Avoir nationalité mauritanienne.
Compétences de base exigées par la FAO
- Attention portée aux résultats
- Avoir l’esprit d’équipe
- Sens de la communication
- Établissement de relations constructives
- Partage des connaissances et amélioration continue
Critère de sélection
- Bonne capacité de rédaction de rapports
- Bonne maîtrise de l’outil informatique (en particulier Word, Excel, MS Project, etc.);
- FAO does not collect fees at any stage of recruitment ( application, interview, file processing ).
- Incomplete application files will not be examined. For any questions or requests for assistance, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date of the notice will not be accepted.
- Please note that FAO only takes into account university degrees and degrees issued by recognized institutions listed in the World Higher Education Database, the list updated by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. To access the list, please click here www.whed.net/
- For other questions, please consult the Employment web page at FAO: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/fr/
Please note that all candidates must adhere to the values of FAO – commitment to the Organization, respect for everyone, integrity and transparency.
HOW TO POSTULATE
- To apply, please complete the online form on the FAO recruitment website, Jobs at FAO. Incomplete application files will not be examined.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- Applicants are encouraged to register their applications with a largely sufficient period of time before the deadline.
- To get help, write to: Careers@fao.org.
FAO IS A NON-FUMEUR AREA.