Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Job ID: 2022-4777
Employment Status Full-Time
Category: International Positions
- Project officer needed to manage day-to-day office operations for an on-going Momentum Global and Country Leadership (MCGL) Project – a United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded initiative Water Sanitation and Hygiene/Infection Prevention and Control (WASH/IPC) project.
- This project aims to conduct a study on healthcare-acquired infections (HAIs) in eight selected secondary health facilities in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.
- The HAIs research study will estimate the current cost of HAIs on the health system, along with the cost of implementing a comprehensive IPC program and the associated cost savings due to IPC improvement services.
- While implementation of a comprehensive IPC program will impact a broad range of health services within a health facility, this study will focus on inpatient maternal and neonatal populations and related health infections (sepsis, pneumonia).
- The research findings will provide information to the government of Nigeria, partners and others, data and strategies for decision-making; and use of the evidence to advocate for public and private health system investments in Infection Prevention (IP) as a cornerstone of providing efficient and quality healthcare services
- Manage day-to-day operations of project office in Nigeria office.
- Organize schedules and support project site visits.
- Arrange travel/hotel reservations and track related travel expenses.
- Provide administrative support to operation of project activities.
- Work within established Jhpiego systems and in accordance with local regulations.
- Draft correspondence to NGOs, MOH and other agencies as requested.
- Coordinate the procurement of office supplies, organize proper storage, maintain stock reports and monitor usage.
- Organize transport and distribution of project materials to project sites and maintain accurate stock reports.
- Report issues to the project director and troubleshoot as needed.
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, including invitations, meeting space, logistics, and refreshments. Coordinate technological needs with IT Officer. Draft meeting notes and share with meeting participants.
- Maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Schedule and support project visitors, including travel, visas, logistics, office space and meetings.
- Assist with drafting, editing and proofreading of technical materials and program reports, including progress reports, activity charts, and annual reports as requested.
- Work collaboratively with project and administration and finance staff to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets.
- Ensure compliance with USAID operational policies and regulations.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Nursing / Midwifery, Social sciences, Social works.
- Programmatic experience,experience on research to practice—identifying best practices and adapting them to project realities or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in coordinating international donor financed projects
- Familiarity with international donor policies and administrative procedures
- 4+ years’ of experience in administrative support of international health projects
- Ability to track expenses, keep accurate financial records and work within donor budgets.
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports, and documents
- Strong decision making and results oriented approach
- Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts such as networks of senior level international health professionals, donors, universities and other partners
- Familiarity with Nigeria government regulations including immigration, importation, and customs.
- Experience and understanding of WASH, prevention, care and treatment
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Appreciation for socio-cultural differences in countries, preferably having lived and worked in one or more low resource settings
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations worldwide
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English; Fluency in English preferred
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to travel nationally
Salary Range and Benefits
- NGN638,000 – NGN 721,000 Monthly Gross
- Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- This position is contingent upon availability of funds from USAID/MCGL Q-oC