Job Identification : 10792
Locations : Lima Peru
Posting Date : 05/29/2023, 08:50 AM
Apply before : 12/06/2023, 03:30 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : SB4
Vacancy Type : Service Contract Holders
Rotational / Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education and Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 10 year ( s ) experience
A minimun of 10 years of relevant experience. Availability to travel to the project area once a month
Required Languages : Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English
Vacancy Timeline : 2 Weeks
Job Category : Humanitarian & Emergency Response
The Project Manager leads and manages the implementation of the second phase of the project “ Ensuring the right to a life free of violence in intercultural contexts and in an emergency situation ”, that will be implemented in the Condorcanqui Province, Amazonas and will be focused on the population with the highest risk of being left behind as Amazonian indigenous girls, adolescents and women.
You will report to the National Program Officer – Gender
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan ( 2022-2025 ), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “ build forward better ”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls ’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights,recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in program results.
Main roles and responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Management and coordination of project implementation
- Promotion of alliances and resource mobilization
- Technical leadership
- Knowledge management
Formulation and management of project implementation
- Programmatic, operational and financial management and coordination of the project “ Ensuring the right to a life free of violence in intercultural contexts and in an emergency situation ”
- Formulation, review and monitoring of work plans and budgets.
- Risk management: preparation of the risk matrix, coordination and monitoring of mitigation measures and management responses.
- Permanent coordination and accompaniment of the Associate in Implementation to ensure timely and effective project management.
- Coordination of quality assurance measures of the Associate in Implementation; monitoring of implementation of agreements accrue from them.
- Coordination of implementation of activities to strengthen the Associate’s capacities in the Implementation and monitoring of their results.
- Project team leadership, supervision and performance management.
- Coordination of implementation of project components by UNFPA, ensuring a comprehensive vision with an Associate in Implementation.
- Preparation of progress reports ( in Spanish and / or English ) according to the requirements of the project / s.
- Ensuring proper visibility and communication about the project.
- Regular coordination with supervisor, Program and Operations and Representation Team.
Promotion of alliances and resource mobilization
- Leadership, in coordination with the Program team and the Implementing Associate, UNFPA participation in the relevant coordination bodies for the project at the national and sub-national levels.
- Establishment of alliances with relevant institutions and actors at the national and sub-national levels, to enhance the expected results of the project.
- Leadership in the development and implementation of project-related communications strategies, in coordination with the UNFPA communications officer, stakeholders and donors.
- Preparation of the sustainability plan and the project exit strategy.
- Identification of sources and strategies for resource mobilization, and strategic partnerships that allow sustainability, replication and / or scale of the project.
- Monitoring of developments, trends in the country, institutional frameworks, and identifying implications for advocacy, communications, promotion and mobilization of resources on issues related to the project.
- Coordination of learning and the exchange of experiences for all relevant partners and actors.
- Leadership and technical orientation on gender-based violence to the Project team, the Implementing Associate, and institutions and actors in the project’s intervention area, VBG response in humanitarian or emergency situations, and capacity building for VBG prevention and response and harmful practices such as child marriages and early unions.
- Coordination to strengthen the technical capacities of the Associate in the Implementation of knowledge and implementation of the Minimum Interagency Standards for the Programming of VBG in Emergencies, including the coordination of activities to be implemented by the Regional Office.
- Support to the VBG Program Officer in programmatic proposals for prevention and response to VBG and harmful practices in development and humanitarian settings.
- Documentation of the implementation and progress of the project (s), lessons learned and good practices.
- Identification of results and conduct of information storage in line with the organization’s policies.
- Provide the necessary guidance to the project team and the Implementing Associate.
- Ensure the articulation of the communication efforts of all those involved, as well as compliance with the pertinent communication and visibility policies.
- Ensure, in coordination with the relevant program officers, the quality control of the knowledge products developed within the framework of the project.
In general, any other function inherent to the position, which is required by the direct supervisor.
- Exemplify integrity.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission, vision and values of UNFPA and the United Nations system.
- Demonstrates sensitivity, respect and adaptability for cultural, gender, ethnic, age, religious and nationality diversities.
- Manages, accepts and adapts to change.
- Responsible and focused on accountability.
- Demonstrates professional competence in UNFPA mandate areas.
- Think analytically and strategically.
- Leadership capacity and teamwork.
- Communication capabilities for impact.
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Results-based program management.
- Internal and external communications and advocacy in favor of expected results.
- Provision of strategic focus.
- Participation / involvement of internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Lead, develop and empower the project team, creating a culture of performance.
- Decision making and judgment.
- Academic degree in social sciences or related.
- Master’s degree in development disciplines, public policy, project management, gender or related.
- Desirable formal or non-formal certification in gender-based violence and / or humanitarian response.
- Desirable management certification.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant management experience with increasing degree of responsibility for development projects, with emphasis on prevention and response projects to GBV and/or humanitarian response projects.
- Experience and knowledge of gender-based violence.
- Desirable experience in the implementation of programs or projects with an intercultural focus.
- Desirable work experience in Amazon.
- Desirable previous experience in the United Nations system.
- Spanish and English are the working languages of the UNFPA Country Office in Peru.
- For the advertised publication, oral and written fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- User-level domain of Windows environment, Internet and office applications such as Google Suite ( Gmail, Google Docs, Drive ) and
- Management of MS Office ( Word, Excel and Power-Point ).
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.