Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is a non-profit and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), Registered in Nigeria with Corporate affairs commission and other government agencies. Our objective is to alleviate poverty within the humanitarian sphere through food security, women empowerment through livelihood programs. Our active humanitarian intervention programs include but are not limited to providing Shelter/CCCM/NFI, warehousing & Logistics, health care and Protection (Monitoring, Referrals, GBV, SGBV, Child protection RFL referrals).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration of contract: 12 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Director of Programs & ED
- The THRIVE Project Manager is responsible for implementation of project work plan, ensures regular reporting to the Director of Programs and the Executive Director, and supports delivery of quality activities to ensure that all beneficiaries are living a safe, secured and dignified life and to ensure they have access to the right facilities as projected.
- Project Manager will also have an administrative responsibility of ensuring that THRIVE Project staff and incentivized labour are actively following their TORs and abiding by SHO’s Code of Conduct.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Partner coordination and Service Delivery Monitoring
- Liaising and coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the targeted host communities.
- Liaising and coordination with local authorities responsible for site administration and delivering of services in the site
- Liaising with Sub National clusters (particularly CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Protection)
- Monitoring of service provision by SHO at community level. Ensure SHOs achieves agreed minimum standards and service delivery quality.
- Timely reporting any gaps and/or duplication in service delivery and advocating through the appropriate mechanism for achieving agreed minimum standards and service delivery quality
Community liaison, mobilisation, and accountability:
- Establishing community governance and representation committees and strengthening the coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups and community members on a formal and informal basis
- Organizing regular meetings with committee and community representatives’ participation in coordination meetings
- Overseeing mobilization activities conducted by assistants/outreach workers or community members/representatives and supporting community mobilisation of SHO, as needed
- Overseeing of and support to SHO Communication with Communities (CwC) activities, including but limited to outreach activities and information campaigns
- Support the establishment of information desks and Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Once established, overseeing operation of information desks and Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM), including data management and referrals
- Training and coaching of camp committees, partner agencies and site team on CCCM and CCCM related topic
Infrastructure and site maintenance:
- Supervising regular assessment of site infrastructure, WASH infrastructure and physical service delivery in the camp (e.g. drainage, roads, water supply e.g. shallow well and boreholes construction and rehabilitation, latrines, community infrastructure)
- Supporting CCCM Engineer/WASH Project Officer/WASH Project Assistant in preparing plans for site works, and overseeing implementation by site infrastructure team/contractors as needed
- Considering environmental impacts of infrastructure works from planning to implementation and taking all the necessary measures to mitigate the impacts as much as possible
- Overseeing information management activities and information sharing with partners and stakeholders to improve coordination
- Supporting improvement of information management systems in targeted locations: identification of information gaps, design/review of tools, databases and reports, data collection oversight
- Considering gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of project activities
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for host communities, SHO staff, partner agencies, casual labours)
- Supporting and promoting participation of women, youth, people with specific needs and marginalised groups in camp governance mechanisms, CCCM Activities and WASH activities.
- Referring to and following up with protection partners on identification and addressing of cases of vulnerability within the targeted locations.
- Coordinating assistance to vulnerable individuals at camp events with protection partners and other humanitarian agencies (like distribution, registration, etc.)
- Ensure that principles of data confidentiality are respected in information management activities and that sensitive data of beneficiaries are protected when stored or shared if strictly necessary
- Ensuring that all site maintenance and infrastructure interventions are carried out through a vulnerability lens and whenever site maintenance activities are implemented, always consider accessibility to infrastructure and inclusion of people with specific needs
Planning, Implementing and Reporting:
- Developing weekly and long-term work plans for the project implementation, set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives and ensuring regular follow-ups on plans implementation
- Organizing regular staff coordination meetings for the sites
- Excellent liaison with other Site Team Members, ensuring consistency and coordination of activities in the site
- Timely reporting on problems and challenges in the site to line manager and to the technical coordinator (e.g. activities implementation, urgent complaints and concern raised by the community etc.)
- Timely reporting on security and safety incidents, including fire, evictions, floods and any possible security hazards in the site to line manager and to the line manager and Technical Coordinator
- Timely submission of internal reports (weekly, monthly and ad hoc donor reporting)
- Timely submission of clusters reports
- Day to day supervision of CCCM team and WASH.
- Ensure CCCM and WASH staff and incentivized labour for their site are actively following their TORs and abiding by SHO’s Code of Conduct
- Support to the head of operations in identifying areas for improvement and developing site strategy.
- Supporting MEAL activities during monitoring and evaluation activities of project implementation and addressing recommendation of MEAL department to enhance effectiveness of project activities and maximize impacts
- Provide inputs for the elaboration of Procurement plans as requested by Logistics Department
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies.
- Participation in recruitment of new staff
- Support in hiring and management of daily labour
- Identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities of the team, to achieve these through support or training in coordination with Area Coordinator/TC/HR department
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff
- Provide translation of various documents (e.g. reports, minutes, beneficiary lists, information signs) upon needs
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager
Preferred Qualification & Experience
- National Diploma, HND, University Degree and a higher qualification in Database, Humanities, Social Sciences, or any other relevant studies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in international and/or NNGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees, IDPs or host communities.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Applications (Letter of motivation and CV in a single PDF file) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Submit hard copies to:
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
Borno State – Nigeria.
- Please clearly indicate the Job position on the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salient reserves the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process.