Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Management Officer (Bangladesh & Nigeria) – Local Health Systems Sustainability Project
Job Identification: 101720
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Project and Program Management
- Abt Associates seeks a qualified Project Management Officer for the USAID-funded Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) project’s Nigeria and Bangaldesh work.
- LHSS is USAID’s flagship initiative to better integrate health systems strengthening.
- Its goal is to help low- and middle-income countries transition to sustainable, self-financed health systems as a means to support access to universal health coverage.
- The project objectives are:
- Increase financial protection,
- Increase population coverage and
- Increase service coverage of quality essential services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Project Management Officer will work with team supporting activities in Bangladesh and Nigeria. Specific objectives include:
- Manage operational and technical backstopping support to global development projects.
- Facilitate the day-to-day activities of the project including team meetings/communications.
- Participate in client communications.
- Oversee work performed by the Project Management Analyst; mentor and guide Project Management Analysts; supervisory responsibility may apply.
- Analyze project financial performance with support from Project Finance Analyst and make recommendations to Project Management Director as needed.
- Review client and internal reports and deliverables for accuracy and approval.
- Participate in the procurement process with vendor selection and vendor/subcontract/consultant management.
- Identify hiring needs and support the hiring process with approval from Project Management Director.
- Create/review scopes of work for local country nationals/short-term technical assistance/ Consultants/Subcontractors.
- Provide feedback on staff performance.
- Identify risks and monitor the risk registry, escalate items as needed.
- Support compliance and audits and drafts responses.
- Play a key role in field startup and close out activities acting as the primary coordinator/liaison.
- Train project office staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Nine (9) years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven (7) years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills when dealing with project stakeholders
- Understanding of project risk and importance of timely monitoring and escalation
- Knowledge of USAID grants programs
- Thorough understanding of procurement, budgeting and financial management processes
- Understanding of hiring process for international positions
- Ability to organize a team to tackle day to day issues and identify when appropriate to escalate
- Supervisory skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to project locations overseas.
- This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of approximately USD79,000 to USD127,000 annually and may vary by ten percent depending on candidate geographic location.
- Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.