Job Identification : 11610
Locations : New Delhi, India
Posting Date : 09/01/2023, 05:54 AM
Apply Before : 09/17/2023, 06:29 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : NPSA-6
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Health
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 6 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English, and Hindi
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP has been working in India since 1951 in almost all areas of human development. Together with the Government of India and development partners, we have worked towards eradicating poverty, reducing inequalities, strengthening local governance, enhancing community resilience, protecting the environment, supporting policy initiatives and institutional reforms, and accelerating sustainable development for all.
With projects and programmes in every state and union territory in India, UNDP works with national and subnational government, and diverse development actors to deliver people-centric results, particularly for the most vulnerable and marginalized communities. As the integrator for collective action on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) within the UN system, we are committed to supporting the Government of India’s national development vision and priorities and accelerating the achievement of the SDGs for the people and the planet.
UNDP India’s Country Programme (2023-2027) builds on our prior work and aims to provide an integrated approach to development solutions in three strategic portfolios:
- Strong, accountable and evidence-led institutions for accelerated achievement of the SDGs.
- Enhanced economic opportunities and social protection to reduce inequality, with a focus on the marginalized.
- Climate-smart solutions, sustainable ecosystems and resilient development for reduced vulnerability.
South-South cooperation, gender equality and social inclusion are promoted across the pillars. The programme is supported by a framework of renewed partnerships and blended finance solutions, strategic innovation and accelerator labs, and data and digital architecture.
You are invited to join a team of future-smart development professionals to support India in achieving the national and globally agreed goals. As part of the UNDP team, your focus will be to work with diverse stakeholders to find country-specific solutions that lead to sustainable development and reach those furthest behind first.
In India UNDP is a long-standing partner of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and its institutions at the State and District level. Guided by the government, the UNDP India work is fully carried out in close coordination with partner UN agencies and is focusing on better health services provided to population of India.
The overarching goal of UNDP’s work on health system strengthening in India is to facilitate equitable access to basic services by strengthening capacities of communities to demand and access services, and of institutions to deliver quality, timely and stigma free services and LNOB (Leaving no one behind).
The Gavi Alliance co-funded Health System Strengthening (HSS) programme is one of the efforts of the MoHFW to improve the quality and level of immunization coverage in India. UNDP has been a trusted partner of MoHFW and GAVI for many years in this flagship programme that has nationwide coverage and has supported vaccine delivery to over 1 billion people. The initially developed solutions (eVIN and CoWIN) have proven themselves well and now UNDP is given a unique opportunity to develop and integrate a new universal vaccination solution – U-Win – which will be the focus on the next phase of support.
While a large part of the HSS programme is related to digital solutions development, capacity building and implementation, it also includes technical support to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for prevention and management of non-communicable diseases, Neglected Tropical diseases and for leveraging technologies to track high risk pregnancies and thereby reduce maternal and child mortalities rates. Working closely with other development partners, the programme also supports the National AIDS Control Organization’s efforts in prevention and control of HIV and AIDS.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project HR Associate will work under the direct supervision of HSS Project Operations Analyst and general guidance of HSS Project Manager. The Project HR Associate will also work in close collaboration with the Country Office HR team. Some travel to the field is expected.
The specific duties and responsibilities during the assignment will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provides support and information on corporate strategies, changes in policies, rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlement, assessing the impact of changes in under the guidance and in close coordination with UNDP CO HR Unit.
- Support to HSS project Regional teams in HR business processes mapping and internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) including Third Party Contractors management, in consultation with Project and CO management.
- Support to the identification and development of concepts for e-tools to be applied in the management of project personnel HR processes.
- Provision of HR advice to Regional teams on recruitment procedures and technical support to selection processes.
- Quality assurance of recruitment planning and case submissions, and coordination of work between the regional and CO teams as appropriate and applicable.
- NPSA and Third Party contract management support to regional teams as applicable.
- Performing general HR support to HSS project in monitoring and management of Admin/HR, payroll/ Position Administrator and Absence/leave monitoring and Processor etc. in ERP systems as needed.
- Development and maintenance of effective tracking files/tools for personnel including Third Party contractors Leave & Attendance records.
- Coordinates closely with CO HR Unit to ensure compliance and meeting the business needs of the CO.
- Ensures the implementation of the performance planning and appraisal process for PSA and non-staff contract holders in the Country Office and projects. Ensures timely submission of Personal Appraisal forms.
- Provision of support and relevant guidance in addressing performance-related cases to HSS project personnel.
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Provision of information to the management and personnel on HR rules and regulations.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the project focusing on synthesis and sharing of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Advise/guidance to programme/project colleagues on application of UNDP HR policies and procedures for various implementation activities.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements. Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real client needs.
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
HR- Talent management:
- Knowledge of and ability to guide the application of performance management theory, systems and tools, including articulation of expectations, setting objectives and performance standards; conducting performance related discussions and performance coaching; ability to develop performance management and appraisal processes that minimize biases.
HR- Talent acquisition:
Recruitment: assessment and selection
- Knowledge and ability to apply various candidate assessment and selection methodologies, tools and platforms;
- Ability to effectively align them with specific recruitment needs
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social sciences or HR is desirable.
- Minimum 6 years (with Secondary Education) or 3 years (with Bachelor’s degree) in progressively responsible HR and administrative experience is required.
- Experience in the usage of digital HR solutions and software packages, and advanced knowledge of data management and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- More than 2 years of experience working in the UN system.
- Experience collaborating with government agencies, international organizations, and community leaders.
- Knowledge of UN regulations, rules, and procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of Atlas/Quantum is a strong asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and native language (Hindi).
- Professional HR Certification is an advantage.
Remuneration starting at 938,397.84 INR (Annual) / 78,199.82 INR (Monthly) as per the scale depending on qualifications and experience. The remuneration is excluding 8.33% pension amount paid over and above the salary.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.