Job Identification : 12164
Locations : Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia
Posting Date : 07/18/2023, 04:54 AM
Apply Before : 08/01/2023, 04:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : NPSA-7
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Health
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific
Contract Duration : 6 months
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 7 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English and Bahasa Indonesia
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the leading UnitedNations organization fightingto end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Workingwith our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP.
UNDP Indonesia and the Ministry of Health have been working together in a long-term partnership on health governance that is aimed at narrowing health development gaps and meeting the SDGs commitments. This partnership has been expanded with implementation of activities under the 2020-2023 Health Governance Initiative (HEART) Program that focus on the support to strengthen Indonesia’s health system capacity through policy advocacy, evidence-based generation intervention, technical assistance, and south-south cooperation, adopting information technology advancement with total budget at USD 40 million for better and sustainable health outcomes for all.
To facilitate opportunities for integrated policy and program solutions, the project has been designed so that the outputs are mutually reinforcing, taking advantage of the linkages between project components. The program is articulated around interdependent work streams.
- Strengthening an enabling policy and environment, regulatory and institutional environment for access to new health technology,
- Capacity Development and Innovative Solutions for implementation of national health programmes (Programmatic, grant management, procurement, and logisticsmanagement information systems),including the new Biomedical Genome Science Initiative (BGSI),
- Technical support for and quality assurance for financial management to Principal Recipient AIDS, TB, Malaria funded program by the Global Funds forATM,
- Improving distribution of vaccines for routine immunization and COVID-19, facilitation of South-South exchange of knowledge and technology for the development and implementation of SMILE for the distribution of vaccines for routine immunization and for COVID-19,
- Accelerating digital transformation of the health system,
- Promoting cost-effective medicines, vaccines, and diagnostics through Health Technology Assessments
- Promoting application system for medical waste management by developing digital waste management IOT application which able to track capacity of waste management from service to end sites.
To the end, the key focal point for project planning, monitoring and evaluation of the cooperation jointly managed between UNDP and Pusjak KGTK (Pusat Kebijakan Global dan Teknologi Kesehatan), Ministry of Health. Key coordination also includes broader coordination agenda including Project Document development, Project Board and Steering committee Meeting.
To support for planning, coordination activities, project development, and the project document preparation UNDP will support a seconded staff to Pusjak KGTK. The incumbent is expected to assist and speed up the coordination and administration process between UNPD, the Grant Assessment Team, several members of the Project Board, the Steering Committee and other International Loan and Grant coordination under Pusjak KGTK.
Duties and Responsibilities
The direct supervisor of this activities is National Technical Specialist for HEART. She/He will work closely and report to the Head of FMTA and PMU Aids, TB, and Malaria in Ministry of Health. The organigram in Annex shows the position of this function within the office and unit structure.
Under the joint supervision of the International Loan and GrantTeam Leader in Pusjak KGTK and the UNDP National Technical Specialist for Health Governance Initiative (HEART). The Project Associate will working closely with the HEART Project at UNDP and the relevant directorates as HEART Project Board Member. He/She shall be responsible for effective coordination and transparent government and management arrangements. Coordination and administrative activities are not only within the scope of UNDP’s cooperation with the Ministry of Health but are entirely the responsibility of the International Loan and Grant Team.
Scope of Work
The Project Associate will support the FMTA team and HEART cluster, with close coordination with the Ministry of Health. S/He will be responsible for the following tasks, in support of the AIDS, TB and Malaria implementation programme in Indonesia: Support the Tim Kerja Kebijakan Hibah dan Pinjaman Luar Negeri to ensure effective coordination and achievement of results focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Independently provides full range of project management and implementation assistance for a large and highly complex component of the coordination initiatives, seeking guidance only in exceptional circumstances.
- Coordination of administrative aspect of project documentation for, typically, a large and highly complex component of the project initiatives; monitors status of project proposals and receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval.
- Provide high quality analysis and draft presentation of information/data on specific International Loan and Grant projects/donors and related topics; highlight noteworthy issues/trends for consideration by appropriate parties.
- Provide effective supervisory and advisory role in development and implementation of grant procedures, effective monitoring of grant implementation and timely production of results oriented draft progress reports in line with the government regulations.
Provides administrative support to the Tim Kerja Kebijakan Hibah dan Pinjaman Luar Negeri focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of guidance to development partners/donors and serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of grant implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organizational unit to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actionsand resolve issues related to grant implementation.
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of implementation activities and participates in project evaluation; monitor implementation at all stages to ensure work is proceeding according to established plans, including analysing implementation difficulties and initiating remedial action; liaises with diverse organizational units to initiate requests;
- Provision of secretariat services to Project Board groups as government mechanism in grant implementation, ad hoc tasks forces, etc.; drafts and circulates agenda notes to members/participants; compiles background documentation; drafts minutes of the meeting; monitors follow-up actions, etc.
- Effective collaboration with donors and beneficiaries in MoH on various planning instruments such as the annual/multi work plan and internal work plans; provides assistance on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures and ensures completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
- Lead the donor team in preparation of Project Document preparation or amendment, formal closures of projects, BAST, transfer of equipment, and clearance.
- Supervision of office support staff, including distribution and review of work assignments, workshop or meeting, and inputs to performance evaluation.
Support the effective reporting on progress of project implementation
- Together with Project Assistant to support the administration process for preparing work plans as well as meetings,audit, operational and financial administrative project;
- Together with ProjectAssistant prepare any project / finance reports, minutes of meeting, TOR and agenda, workshop and/or training agreement (for follow-up actions), and share it to the project team (or other parties as required) on a timely manner;
- To provide financial support for implementation of the KGTK project based on results-oriented progress reports.
Support strategic partnerships, communication, and support to the implementation of resource mobilization
- Support in updating database of the relevant public and development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the project;
- In coordination with UNDP’s Communication unit and other relevant counterpart communications department, support documentation of the project activities as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project,and resource mobilization for the project.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Regular capacity development and trainings to relevant staff of the country partners on finance, procurement and/or any other administrative rules/regulations;
- Provide proper information to the PR team on any financial/administrative rules in UNDP whenever required to support any meetings/training/workshops;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices on Finance and any other operations issues;
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff, and contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Ensure active participation in learning and knowledge sharing in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming.
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that:
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions.
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender is respected within all implementations including data production.
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrieris created
Core competencies :
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies: 2030 Agenda : People
- Gender : Gender Mainstreaming
- UN policy knowledge – ethics : Knowledge and understanding of the UN Staff Regulations and Rules and other policies relating to ethics and integrity
2030 Agenda: Engagement and Effectiveness
- Innovation : Technology and Innovation
- Digital Awareness and Literacy : Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
- Communication : Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate Channels
- Working with Evidence and Data : Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required, or
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in public health, Business Management, International Relations, or other related majors will be given due consideration but is not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary Education) or 4 years (with Bachelor´s degree) of professional experience in the field of development.
- Experience handling administrative things of the project
- Advance knowledge of spreadsheet/excel and database packages, Microsoft words, power point, outlook, etc.;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and team building skills;
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential;
- Experience with UN/UNDP development projects in Indonesia;
- Experience and solid knowledge on various donor’s reporting requirements;
- Experience working with the government officers and/or project management unit at the ministry;
- Practical hands-on experience in the project coordination and any required administrative supporting documents for grant implementation.
- Experience in the field of development preferably in health
Language requirement :
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.