Nuru equips local leaders with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty by integrating impact programs that address the most prevalent and fundamental challenges of extreme poverty around four areas of need:
Location: Michika/Gombi, Adamawa State
Grade Level: Administrator & Professionals
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a period of 18 months, renewable based on funding and performance.
Number of Job Openings: 4
Start Date: November 2022
Nuru Nigeria is seeking Project Assistants who will be assisting the Project Officers in carrying out training facilitation, farmers’ mobilization and management of the Farmers’ Business School. The Project Assistants will work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator of Nuru Nigeria.
Reporting and Supervision: The Project Assistants will report to the Project Coordinator
- Under the supervision of the project coordinator, the project assistants are to carry out the following duties;
- The Project Assistants will support the impact team to effectively and efficiently implement impact programs in a sustainable and transparent way. He/she will work in close collaboration with the leadership and M&E teams in implementing all impact programs
- Actively Support the implementation of all impact programs in an effective and efficient fashion with a focus on Nuru’s vision and strategic objectives.
- Ensure interventions are effectively integrated and that the team works together to optimize the integrated impact.
- Coordinate with the leadership team to train and develop the capacity of farmer associations and farmer organization (FO) and their members on best agronomic and animal husbandry practices, agribusiness, and income generation towards resilience, prosperity, and sustainability.
- Work very closely with leaders of the farmer associations and farmer organizations to develop their capacities, promote social cohesion and learning, and adoption of best practices among the farmers.
- Maintain successful relationships with farmer organizations/association leaders and members, partner agencies, community leaders, and other key stakeholders in the host community while working in the field.
- Ensure all intervention areas are helping the rural community realize sustainable meaningful choices in order to lift themselves out of extreme poverty in a sustainable way.
- Work with the Nuru Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation to ensure that interventions are effectively monitored and evaluated in order to assess progress, increase impact, and guide scaling decisions.
- Collaborate with the Nuru Nigeria leadership team to build and strengthen the capacity of farmer associations/ organization and their leaders toward sustainability.
- Exemplify the servant leadership philosophy of Nuru Nigeria and work with other team members to build a company culture around a service and farmer-first mentality.
- Foster organizational development, promote Nuru’s values and servant leadership culture, promote accountability and high performance, and encourage team creativity and innovation.
- Assist in the facilitation of FA community meetings, training, and other engagements as required by the program.
- Provide regular field reports, capturing activities progress, lessons learned as well as the general situation and community updates and needs.
- Proper record and document lessons learned and success stories on all impact program areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least 3 years of working experience in an agricultural intervention with a B. Sc. in Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Education, or other related fields.
- Fluency in Hausa language.
- Experience working in rural environments and directly working with farming communities.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet).
- Leadership, people management, development, teamwork, and cooperation.
Nuru Nigeria Offers:
- Annual compensation range is NGN 2,400,000 – NGN 2,800,000 subject to statutory deductions.
- 18 working days of paid leave, 15 Days of paternity leave, and 120 calendar days of paid maternity leave.
- 13th-month remuneration of up to 70% of monthly gross.
- Capacity development opportunities.
- Conducive work environment.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by the expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability, and related benefits.
- Health Insurance covering employees and family.
Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, and disability, with respect to policies and visions.
Other Labour best practices apply.
Non-discriminatory employment clause:
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socioeconomic status, age, disability, or health status. The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.