Reference Number: PLCFA22-073
Position Title: Project Assistant (Data Processing)
Duty Station: Warsaw, Poland
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
***This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations Units in various IOM Country Offices, coordinated under the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters (HQ), are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Operations and the direct supervision of Senior Operations Assistant, the Project Assistant (Data Processing) is responsible for undertaking data processing activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Record demographic and biographic information in MiMOSA upon receipt of the request for travel while confirming receipt to third parties, such as an embassy or Resettlement Support Center (RSC) and notify the Senior Operations Assistant of the receipt of new requests for travel assistance.
- Secure, and account for travel documents in accordance with the local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Ensure secure storage of documentation and data in accordance with IOM principles and guidelines while guaranteeing limited access to physical files.
- Process exit permits in close coordination with supervisors and other IOM colleagues and relevant authorities.
- Ensure the issuance and timely dispatch of travel documents with Operations colleagues, from booking notifications to logistical assistance with exit processes closely coordinated.
- Prepare all travel-ready documentation for transfer to Field Support colleagues in collaboration and coordination with supervisors while ensuring the travel bag has all necessary documentation to depart the country.
- Prepare reports as requested on the receipt of documentation to time of service delivery; inform supervisors on possible issues which need attention and suggest corrective actions. Report any problems encountered like denials of exit permits, reasons for such denials and possible solutions.
- Assist in preparing regular data mining reports in order to ensure that MiMOSA is up-to-date, accurate and maintains the integrity of relevant Movement Operations projects.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Senior Operations Assistant and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements- related systems and databases, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA.)
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Senior Operations Assistant or management of any non- compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five years of working experience with secondary education; or three years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree.
Experience and Skills
- Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet; past experience with Movement Operations- related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus) is a strong advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Ukrainian, Polish and/or Russian is an advantage.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a CV and a completed Personal History Form in English by email to: email@example.com specifying the vacancy reference number PLCFA22-073 and full name in the subject line.
Please click this link to access Personal History Form (four pages)
Due to the volume of applications received, IOM Poland will not be able to respond to all inquiries about the application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates.