SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Administrative Assistant
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/014/2022
Duty Station: IOM Somalia in Mogadishu, Somalia
Classification: General Service, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date:11 July 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The IOM Somalia mission is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery, and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings. Under the overall supervision of the CCCM Programme manager and direct supervision of the CCCM Senior Project and Administrative Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for project support and administrative assistance as part of the wider CCCM programming, ensuring that all programme administrative responsibilities are completed in a professional and timely manner.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Liaise with field teams, relevant units, and staff in Somalia Office on logistical, administrative, and financial matters in support of the CCCM units’ activities and ensure that all procedures are coordinated within Mission.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking programme budget, expenditures and pipelines, and prepare reports on regular basis. Conduct internal control and notify the Snr. Project Admin assistant of any potential weaknesses.
- Assist in process and follow up on financial documentation compliance aspect of the programme/project, covering initial verifications of related documents/ obtain Maintain accounting spread sheets in accordance with IOM procedures. approval/clearance, initiate payment request to Finance unit, follow up on administrative actions, and ensure all relevant matters are timely and efficiently processed and paid.
- Keep track of operational needs of project (petty cash, cash advances) and coordinate with Finance Unit to ensure timely processing.
- Follow up on the procurement process and documentations; Step by step from acquisition stage, PRF system inputs, up to delivery of goods/services. Maintain coordination with and record-keeping of the service providers, their documents, contracts, renewal of contracts, and timely payment.
- Set up and maintain internal database, filing system, store and manage data and information relevant to the scope of programme/project activities.
- Assist CCCM unit in compiling and filing project documentations, including financial documents, donor reports, etc.
- Assist in implementation of project/programme activities, including organizing meetings, workshops, training, conference, etc.
- Follow up on the request of Finance Unit on staff’s Travel Authorization and Travel Expense Claims for timely filing and completion. Assist in other process related to project travels involving government and other counterparts, relating to Visa and other supports.
- Maintain records and tracking of project staff leave plan and attendance. If applicable, maintain a log and file of Daily/Hourly contract personnel in the field and follow up on their timesheet and payments, and contract renewals, in coordination with HR Unit.
- Support to build the capacity of implementing partners and field teams through basic trainings on administrative structures, roles, and responsibilities
- Perform any other general administrative duties assigned by the unit.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economy Management, Social Science, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School Degree in the above fields with minimum five years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional experience in financial administration, control procedures, and procurement process.
- Experience working in respective programme/project preferably at field level, in emergency and conflict environments.
- Effective coordination with project staff and other units within organization, implementing partners, and other relevant parties.
- Experience working with accounting and procurement system, an advantage.
- Experience in IOM administrative and financial management, budget monitoring, cash management and internal control procedures, an advantage.
- Experience working in an international organization and knowledge of the UN is essential.
- Good, communication, reporting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent monitoring skill; Managerial Skill; Organizational Skill; Accuracy.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and delivers on set objectives and timelines in hardship situations.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis
- Fluency in English and Somaliboth written and spoken is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com
From 28.06.2022 to 11.07.2022
female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.