Welcome to Planned Parenthood Global, the international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. For more than 40 years, Planned Parenthood Global has been working overseas in partnership with local advocates, medical service providers, youth leaders and more to ensure that women, men, and young people in some of the world’s most neglected areas have access to the health care they need to control their bodies and their futures. Around the world, more than 200 million women and girls in developing countries who wish to delay or plan childbirth still lack access to modern contraceptives, information, and services. Pregnancy is a leading cause of death for adolescent girls worldwide, with nearly 70,000 killed annually from complications related to pregnancy and childbirth. Half of the world’s population is now under 25. They need our help to grow into the healthiest generation ever. Planned Parenthood Global works in partnership with local advocates, medical service providers, and youth leaders to change this reality. Our partners in 13 focus countries across Latin America and Africa work to: â€¢ Provide tens of thousands of women, men, and young people with sexual and reproductive health education; â€¢ Provide contraceptives; â€¢ Increase access to treatment for complications from unsafe abortion; â€¢ Increase access to safe abortion care, where legal; â€¢ And expand laws and policies promoting women’s health in Africa and Latin America.
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- The purpose of this position is to initiate plans, monitor, supervise the delivery of qualitative sexual and reproductive health/family planning services and support the Director of Programmes in this area
- A Degree in Medicine with M.Sc or MPH or MBA.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience including not less than five (5) years in NGO (preferably in FP & SRH&R)
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, writing, and oral communication skills
- Team leadership and team playing qualities/experience
- Familiarity with key national and international implementing, support, and donor organizations in SRH
- Computer literacy skills such as Microsoft Packages (excel, word, access), SPSS, Epi-info, etc.
- Strong knowledge of NGO operations particularly those in reproductive health including family planning, maternal and child health, sexual health and women development, program development, and management.
- Familiarity with varied socio-cultural issues as they relate to SRH in the country and sensitivity to cross-cultural issues and concerns.
- Sensitive and caring but firm and decisive in relating with senior-level staff
- Membership in relevant professional associations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download, fill and send their completed Application Forms, one-page Letter of Application for the position, Justification for their applications, Comprehensive career resume (not more than 5 pages) and Personal contact address (not post office box address please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “PMSD2022” as the subject of the mail.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria,
4, Baltic Crescent,
Off Danube Street,
- PPFN subscribes to all best practices when working with children and vulnerable adults and advocates that they (children and vulnerable adults) should be treated with respect regardless of their race, colour, gender, language, religion, opinions, nationality, ethnicity, social origin, property, disability or other status.
- PPFN does not discriminate on grounds of race, creed, ethnic origin, political belief, gender, disability, age, education or social status especially in applications for membership, providing information or services, in recruiting staff, or in any other aspect of PPFN’s work and in the pursuit of its objects
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.