VACANCY ANNOUCEMENT (482255)
WFP Lebanon encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. WFP does not charge a fee or request bank details at any stage of recruitment process. We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Associate (Monitoring & Evaluation)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months (renewable based on business need and performance)
Duty Station: Tripoli Field Office
Date of Publication: 23 June 2023
Deadline of Application: 07 July 2023
Terms and Conditions:
- This vacancy announcement is open for qualified Lebanese nationals (only).
- WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, various types of leaves including maternity and paternity, medical and life insurances, provision of breastfeeding rooms for new mothers, and various wellness platforms.
- WFP Lebanon offers flexible working arrangements upon prior approval.
- Our premises are accessible, and we are committed to accommodate to any required reasonable accessible needs to remove barriers in the workplace.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Organizational context: Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Field Office or the designate and the technical supervision of the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation in the Country Office, this position will be based in Tripoli Field Office to support in the design, implementation, and monitoring of M&E activities to ensure the effective and efficient use of resources and the achievement of program goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive): Within the assigned unit and delegated authority, the M&E Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
Implementation of Country Office M&E Strategy
- Ensure the Field Office meets corporate Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) standards in monitoring activities, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), the Corporate Results Framework (CRF), other corporate monitoring guidance as well as data protection and privacy policies. Maintain close communication with CO M&E team for latest guidelines, updates and support.
- Continuously identify evidence needs in consultation with management and technical units.
- Establish and maintain good partnerships with WFP’s beneficiary communities, Cooperating Partners, and Third Party or Outsourced Monitoring partners where applicable.
- Ensure gender, equity, disability, protection, human rights and other inclusion issues are mainstreamed in all M&E work at the FO level as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly monitoring plans with overall guidance from the CO.
- In coordination with partners, provide information about activity sites to the CO to inform sampling plans.
- Ensure the collection of process and outcome monitoring data, including distribution monitoring, activity implementation monitoring, Post-Distribution Monitoring, retail performance monitoring, surveys and qualitative monitoring methodologies (i.e., Key Informant Interviews, Focus Group Discussions), using questionnaires and question guides developed by the CO.
- Support in setting up remote monitoring arrangements as relevant.
- Support the design of questionnaires, question guides and data analysis plans for FO specific information needs.
- Coordinate data collection exercises at the field level in cooperation with local partners and stakeholders.
- Keep track of monitoring visits and coverage, ensuring that all activity sites are monitored. Report actual monitoring visits to CO on monthly basis.
- Ensure ethical guidelines are followed during monitoring activities
- Assist in organizing technical support missions from the CO M&E team, evaluation teams or other missions related to M&E.
Data analysis, reporting and use of evidence
- Verify, clean, analyze, interpret and visualize monitoring data according to information needs of different audiences.
- Ensure datasets are submitted to centralized databases managed by the CO.
- Ensure that issues identified through monitoring visits are properly recorded and escalated, assigning focal points to take action and tracking actions taken.
- Deliver timely information to beneficiaries about the actions taken based on monitoring and CFM findings.
Reviews and evaluations
- Support, as appropriate, data collection exercises related to reviews and evaluations.
Management and oversight
- Manage a team of Field Monitor Assistants and supervise individual staff, including providing constructive feedback to develop a cohesive and high performing team.
- Support line manager in preparing and tracking detailed budgets for evidence generation activities at the field level.
- Ensure data collection by WFP staff or outsourced partners is supervised. Conduct regular data quality checks at different stages of the monitoring cycle, ensuring that monitoring data and reports are timely, complete and of high quality.
- Help build monitoring capacity of WFP Field Monitors, partners and government actors in the area through provision of learning and development opportunities and information sharing.
- Support the recruitment processes of M&E staff.
- Based on knowledge of the country context and community needs, suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area will be of added value. Bachelor’s degree in statistics, international development, business management, public health or a related field is a plus
Experience: At least six (6) years of experience in the Monitoring and Evaluation field, preferably within the humanitarian or development sector
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Fluency in French is an advantage.
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills
- Experience with data management and analysis software (e.g. Excel, SPSS, STATA)
- Familiarity with international M&E standards and best practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills