WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Assistant (BISP Stunting Prevention)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Salary: Starting at PKR 162,000 per month
Duration: 06 Months
Duty Station: Skardu
Vacancy Number: 827666
Date of Publication: 14th June,2023
Deadline of Application: 27th June,2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
Remote work may be possible depending upon the operational requirements of the Programme. Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the personal circumstances of the requestor given the operational situation.
To support the implementation of BISP Ehsaas Nashonuma activities in respective districts.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1.Keep close and timely coordination with the respective government departments, key stakeholders, and facilitation center staff, to ensure that all the activities at the district level are well-coordinated and implemented. Actively participate in the district coordination meetings.
- Maintain close liaison with the Department of Health, National Programme, MNCH, and BISP Tahsil/District office, nutrition partners to mobilize eligible beneficiaries at Ehsaas Nashonuma Center.
- Ensured the uninterrupted supply of SNF to the respective distribution points (Facilitation center and nutrition sites). Assist the Provincial Office -Nutrition Unit in the development of quarterly and monthly distribution plans in close consultation with respective CP and development of call forwards for RUSF food for each district. Whenever required, take lead on the generation of the CRNs in the COMET system for approvals and ensured timely food dispatches to the Ehsaas Nashonuma Facilitation centers.
- Facilitate training/orientation and capacity-building sessions of project staff and relevant stakeholders, such as medical officers, medical officers, Lady Health Workers (LHW) and Lady Health Supervisors (LHS).
- Within the specific area of responsibility, ensure compilation of data and support analysis and preparation of reports in order to support operational decision-making.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of complain received from field and general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary at district level
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements, monitoring reports, monitoring checklists and entry in system ,in order to assist in the effective service delivery
- Conduct periodic monitoring trips, spot checks to the project sites, including random monitoring checks on Cooperating Partners (CPs) activities, assessments and prepared progress report using standard monitoring tools.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of University degree in public administration, business administration, health and nutrition related fields or any other relevant functional area is desirable.
At least 4 to 5 years ‘work experience in humanitarian sector in nutrition and public health in emergencies. Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e., Nutrition etc.). Has good expertise in web-based/real-time applications. Has proven expertise to work with Govt counterparts Has participated in nutrition assessment and surveys. Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Urdu, and regional languages (desirable).
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behavior aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Leading by example with integrity,
Driving results and delivering on commitments,
Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
Applying strategic thinking,
Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via ( https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to the Diversity and Inclusion team on: email@example.com, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to
confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This Position will be based in WFP assisted district and appointment will be made based on the region/geographical cluster of operational districts in Gilgit Baltistan. Programme Assistant will be primarily working for BISP Ehsaas Nashonuma activities for ensuring timely support to Provincial Programme Policy Officer -Nutrition, under the overall guidance of the Head of Provincial Office, for smooth implementation of the project activities (Additional districts may be added, if required) 40% of position time is allocated for monitoring activities)
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.