Publication date: May 22, 2023 Closing date : June 05, 2023
Vacancy number: MEXICO / DC / G5 / 2023/035
Job ID: 10805
Department: OR – Latin America and the Caribbean
Destination place: Mexico City
Contract type: Determined duration
– This announcement is addressed to the public with nationality or residence and work permit in Mexico.
You can participate: – External candidates.
– Internal candidates, in accordance with the provisions of the Staff Regulations.
– Appointments made under a development cooperation contract do not confer career expectations in the ILO, an automatic renewal of the contract, nor the conversion of this with a view to contracting of different kinds in the Organization. A year of fixed-term contract will be awarded. In addition, the extension of development cooperation contracts is subordinated to several conditions including: the availability of funds and the continuing need for the functions performed, in addition to satisfactory performance and conduct.
This position is subject to availability of funds.
The International Labor Organization ( ILO ) will implement Project “ Building a Comprehensive Government Approach to Combat Child Labor and Forced Labor in Mexico ”. The objective is to strengthen the capacities of government institutions to prevent and combat child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking in Mexico and in the migration context. The project will feature interventions in Chiapas, Yucatan and Quintana Roo, as well as interventions at the regional level including Belize, El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala.
The project is implemented within the framework of the commitments assumed by Mexico as a Pioneer Country of Alliance 8.7, with the aim of accelerating actions to achieve Goal 8.7 of the Sustainable Development Goals ( ODS ). As a Pioneer country of Alliance 8.7, Mexico adopted a Roadmap with 10 priority actions to eradicate child labor, forced labor and human trafficking, and the project will provide support to implement the Road Map.
Mexico is also a member and co-chair of the advisory council of the Global Initiative for Fair Procurement, which aims, among others, to prevent forced labor. The project will support Mexico to promote Fair Recruitment practices at the national level. In addition, the project will strengthen Mexico’s role in the Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Initiative Free of Child Labor ( RILAC ), a regional platform that closely coordinates with Alliance 8.7. To date, RILAC has shown significant results in the region, including the creation of a South-South and Triangular Cooperation mechanism and the development and implementation of the Child Labor Risk Identification Model ( CLRISK ). RILAC has represented an important platform to foster partnerships, innovation,coordination and mutual cooperation, and has prioritized migration related to child labor in its strategic planning for 2022-2025.
The person in the Program / Project Assistant position to support Monitoring and Evaluation ( MyE ) of the project will be under the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Project supervisor and the Director of the Office for Mexico and Cuba
- Extract data and keep the relevant statistical information of the project updated to incorporate it into documents, ad hoc reports and results.
- Keep the project databases updated and prepare analyzes as required.
- Systematize inputs to periodically report the progress and results of the project to the donor, the organization and the United Nations System.
- Support in the monitoring of the project work plan, the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, the delivery schedule of financial and narrative reports to the donor.
- Provide support in monitoring compliance with the deadlines established in the guidelines, policies, processes of the donor project guide.
- Support in the development and updating of project information collection tools.
Main roles and responsibilities
Provide support to the implementation of activities aimed at planning, monitoring and evaluating the project, ensuring that the required information is collected in a timely manner.
- Provide logistical and administrative support in the preparation and review of the Project Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Systematize inputs and support in the definition, monitoring and updating of the baseline, the indicators and goals of the Project Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Carry out administrative and logistical coordination tasks related to the organization of trips ( issuance of visas, hotel reservations, etc ), conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings, from the MyE area and to project staff when necessary.
- Support in the preparation, compilation of documentation, development of an agenda for external evaluations and consultancies for baseline studies, audits or other support to the area.
- Carry out logistical and administrative tasks for the organization of evaluation activities, among other administrative processes required for the development of activities, ensuring compliance in a timely manner.
- Support the systematization of results, lessons learned and good practices of the project
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor, the project coordinator and / or the office manager
- Complete secondary education.
- University Degree in Public Policy, Economics, Statistics or similar areas of an accredited academic institution
- Postgraduate studies, courses or specialization in M&E, results-based management, statistics, evaluation, quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Mínimo: Dos años de experiencia de apoyo en la ejecución, monitoreo y evaluación de proyectos de cooperación técnica (a nivel nacional y/o internacional) y/o trabajo efectivo con entidades de gobierno a cargo de formulación de políticas y/o con socios para el desarrollo .
- Experiencia en analizar y sistematizar información y datos para la producción de reportes cualitativos y/o cuantitativos de avance del proyecto, de resultados y para el cálculo de indicadores.
- Conocimiento en manejo de bases de datos y programación.
- Experiencia laboral en un entorno utilizando sistemas Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) como, por ejemplo, Oracle, SAP, o procesadores y visualizaciones para analizar datos como SPSS, STATA, R, etc.
Excelente conocimiento del español y nivel intermedio del idioma inglés
Candidates interested in the position should consider that the nine fundamental ILO competences, listed below, may be evaluated during the selection process: Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Customer orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Responsibility for performance, Quality orientation and Collaboration. Among these nine competitions, the following are of particular importance for this position: Customer Orientation, Quality Orientation and Collaboration.
Techniques and generals
- Ability to use computer software ( Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Reader ) and other software packages required by the Office.
- Excellent handling of Excel, Power Point and other data processors.
- Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to write correspondence.
- Ability to organize your own work and to work independently, as well as to work as a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You must demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail.
– Please note that candidates must fill out an online form. To apply, visit ILO People. The system will indicate the steps you must follow to submit your application online.
– If you only attach your CV, you will not be considered in this selection process. Only the profiles of the candidates that meet the minimum requirements described in this announcement will be considered. Please note that the volunteer period will not be counted as work experience and that only half of the internship period is counted if they have been remunerated in any way.
– The selected candidate must support his CV, by presenting documents certifying his studies ( degrees obtained ), as well as his previous work experience. Job references and / or performance evaluations of your previous work experience will be requested.
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to participate in the selection process, which may include a technical examination and / or interview, general knowledge as well as rounds of competency interviews.
The ILO does not charge expenses at any stage of the selection process: presentation of the application, interview, processing or training. Messages from ILO email addresses should not be taken into account- ilo@org. Furthermore, the ILO does not require or require bank details of the candidates.