Job #: req22524
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 5/18/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC’s Budget & Administration Department (CBA) is part of the Corporate Support Vice Presidency (COSVP) and plays a significant role in achieving IFC’s mission. Department responsibilities include business planning formulation, budgeting, investment and advisory support, reporting & analytics, administration, procurement, facilities management, and global security among others. CBA has the mandate to connect the dots across the organization and bring insight and consistency to IFC’s resource management.
CBA is seeking a qualified Program Officer to provide strategic and tactical support to the CBA Director and Leadership team. This position will be based in Washington, DC, and will report to the Director.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will join a small Front Office Team, partnering with the Finance Officer/Advisor to support the Director and Leadership Team on change management, program management, communications, and reporting. The successful candidate is expected to independently undertake and deliver on specific, substantive pieces of work in coordination with the Advisor and relevant CBA managers and their teams and across COSVP, IFC and the WBG as needed.
The position requires energy and enthusiasm, the ability to multitask effectively and deliver under minimal supervision, and flexibly adapt to changing priorities, sound judgment, discretion, and a capacity for hard work. The successful candidate will have excellent analytical, numeracy, communication and project management skills and be an experienced professional in the design and execution of well-engineered, tested, and deployed cross-functional solutions.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Partner with the Advisor in the design and implementation of cross-department and department-wide initiatives, tracking of deliverables/ deadlines and flagging/escalation of risk and development of mitigation plans.
- Ensure change management and communications plans in furtherance of the Leadership Team’s objectives, are well designed and executed.
- Drive the design and implementation of a robust communications approach for the department. Work closely with CBA’s Communications Focal Point to enhance the department’s brand.
- Coordinate and drive simplification and continuous improvement initiatives across the the department.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned and serve as a substantive back up to the Advisor.
- Minimum education: Master’s degree or equivalent in business administration, finance, accounting, with a minimum 8 years of relevant experience. Professional accreditation in project management is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, logistical, and project management skills, with keen attention to detail and ability to follow up systematically on a broad set of issues.
- Genuine interest and demonstrated capability in emerging technologies and communications. Proven ability to produce high-quality, creative written and visual communications materials, including formal reports. Working knowledge of Microsoft tools and data visualization software such as Tableau and/or Power BI is preferred.
- Proven ability to address a range of issues, to productively engage with people at all levels and handle highly sensitive and confidential matters with tact and discretion.
- High degree of responsiveness and demonstrated ability to take initiative, multi-task, think innovatively, and translate ideas into actions, while maintaining an overview of priorities. Ability and willingness to think fast and take appropriate decisions with incomplete information, under pressure. Strong organizational, research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team player with ability to engage others. Capacity to influence without formal authority, and ability to forge strong and effective relationships and resolve differences across organizational boundaries.
- Self-starter who consistently demonstrates superior performance with minimal supervision and holds self to highest standards of delivery and integrity.
- Proven ability to lead projects and task groups, deliver under time constraints with a practical and realistic approach to problem-solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.