Job Title: Program Officer – Media Buying
Reports to: SBC & Innovations Advisor
Summary: This position will develop the marketing strategy and plan for the project and oversee the buying of broadcast media airtime. S/He will closely work with BA-Nigeria’s media partners and broadcast monitors to ensure strict broadcast compliance on all media contents, especially Radio and Television spots.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of media buying strategy, media plan budgeting and management of all the project’s media investments and relations including monitoring and verification of compliance before payment.
- Deeply understand the target audience and demographics for each BA-N thematic area and develop the media campaigns in line with it.
- Research best platforms, mediums, channels to reach the demographics and achieve strategic goals
- Identify, negotiate, and purchase airtime from broadcasters in all BA-N states and ensure good return on investment (ROI)
- Maintaining weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA-N spots and programs in radio and TV stations in all BA states
- Manage media monitoring processes including hiring of media monitoring agencies and independent monitors, training of media monitors, ensuring compliance process is well recorded
- Work closely with the project finance and procurement team to manage vendor agreements and ensure timely payments to media partners.
- Maintaining regular and ongoing communications with media and non-media partners, keeping them up to date on relevant broadcast developments and reflecting their feedback back to organization.
- Generating relationship with new media partners and training of partners on BA-N processes for effective compliance.
- Working with media team to negotiate for transmission/broadcast time for all BA-N programs.
- Ensure productivity and cost share on all approved media plans and programs from the media teams.
- Keeping good records of all BA-N media contents and their broadcast status.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has direct supervisory responsibilities to two program assistants.
- 5 years’ experience as a media strategist, coordinator, planner, or buyer
- At least 1 year experience working with a media buying agency in any of the listed roles
- A degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or any equivalent experience
- Experience managing brands for effective media compliance, with knowledge of the media monitoring landscape in Nigeria
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency in media systems and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to [email protected] by Monday, 7th November 2022. The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g., ‘Program Officer – Media Buying, Abuja’.
Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.