Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Akwa Ibom
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Program Officer/Senior Program Officer with ensuring compliance with national guidelines for basic Minimum Prevention Package Intervention (MPPI).
- Assist with the integration of HIV Sexual Prevention services into existing services provided by HALG to key population.
- Assist with implementing, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention (HIV STP).
- Assist with the design and implementation of approaches in comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment for Key Population.
- Support capacity building of Community Based Organisations (CBOs) with respect to HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention (HIV STP) programs.
- Assist with documenting and reporting GBV and human rights violations in the zone.
- Assist the Program Officer/Senior Program Officer with the preparation of periodic project work plans and budgets in conjunction with other staff at the State/Zone to ensure appropriate utilization of project resources.
- Support field implementation and ensuring demand creation and access to services of community members at the community center.
- Support the clinical staff on ensuring retention of clients at the OSS.
- Accompany other program and M&E staff for site visits to ensure program implementation and compliance at the zonal level.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A degree in related field.
- At least 2 years’ post NYSC experience in health care programs or program support function.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS program implementation.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Experience in dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioural habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Leter to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.