Health, Education, Agriculture, Development Africa (HEARD Africa Initiative) is a national non-governmental organization registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission( CAC). We work on frontlines of tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by series of inefficiencies and instabilities in the society. Our approach supports innovative and the delivery of social impact across various thematic areas in Nigeria and Africa.
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
Reports to: Executive Director
HEARD Africa Initiative programmes focused on inspiring all-inclusive change in the life of most vulnerable population in Nigeria and Africa through series of programmes in health, education, research, development and agricultural programs, policies and initiatives for global development.
The Program Officer will provide technical support and assist in the designing , planning and implementation and coordination of program activities, capacity development to partners, and M&E activities in the targeted project locations. S/he will assist in the development of work plans and other programme /organizational documentation, support the team and management to ensure adherence to proposed budgets as well as to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
Other duties and responsibilities include:
Working closely with the Executive Director, build and maintain partnerships and relationships with program partners, such as non-profits, government agencies and community organizations, donors in order to expand resources, raise funding and deliver the programme activities
- Participate in the development of organizational strategy documents, Logical framework,/ Project Implementation Plan
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans, program initiatives and budget development including coordination and operationalization of HEARD Africa result framework.
- Support effective project management, coordination and provide support to partners on the project implementation procedure, data management and effective financial management.
- Provide support as needed, the preparation and timely submission of detailed reports on program activities on a quarterly and annual basis in compliance with requirements.
- Support the development of annual, quarterly donor and government report writing including management and updates.
- Participate in project monitoring and supportive supervision to partners, project sites and communities.
- Provide support to government and key stakeholders to ensure community buy in and sustainability of the HEARD Africa activities.
- Support, as needed, the mobilization of partners’ support for activities.
- Support the collection of data to inform and support Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research related activities
- Represent the HEARD AFRICA at various meetings, technical working groups and relevant forums.
- Support in the production, management of program content for program website and activities as required.
- Provide support to all programme activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum of 5 years professional work experience in NGO will be preferred and an added advantage
- Demonstrated project management experience including budget development, event planning, coordinating multiple partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated strength and experience in writing technical reports and documents
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; fluency in English language is essential
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to solve problems and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- A dynamic personality with an eye for details and innovative
- Strong computer skill in MS Office Suite is required
- Fluency in local language will be an added advantage
- Understand cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability of states
Note: HEARD AFRICA INITATIVE will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.