Opened in 2017, SIF have been involved in Maiduguri, Nigeria to improve water access in the Farm Center camp for 576 displaced families by digging wells and by reinforcing community-based-organisations capacities for the manutention of infrastructures.
SIF helped medical personnel and vulnerable populations by donating protection kits which contained 2400 masks and the installation of washing equipments in 5 displaced camps. In addition, to enforce the resiliency of displaced women, SIF trained them to make masks, soaps and hand sanitizers.
Under the supervision of the head of mission, the Program coordinator will be iin charge of the fundraising, grants management, supervision of programs and the program team.
Your main responsibilities are the following (evolving and non exhaustive list) :
- Contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy in line with SIF’s global strategy and Nigeria country strategy: context analysis and its evolution, needs assessment analysis, elaboration of problem trees and identification of solutions, project design, proposal writing, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
- Ensure proper conception of the projects: needs assessments, baseline survey, project design (log frames, work plans, budgets, technical sheets…).
- Propose a technical approach as well as a financial, human and logistical scope for the programs to be implemented
- Ensure that program objectives meet sustainability requirements and, if required, compliance with established norms and standards
- Elaborate donors reports according to the deadlines.
- Elaborate ad hoc reports: mission, follow-up, survey, training, etc. as needed.
- Foster team spirit, ensuring that the individuals work effectively together as a team to achieve the project objectives.
- Ensure the respects of the projects procurement procedures.
- Master’s degree in humanitarian action, social sciences, economics, international relation or any other related topics.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in humanitarian work,
- Minimum 1 year at a key program and team management position.
- Proven capacity of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing and responding to opportunities and challenges with the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff).
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French).
- 6 months, full time, renewable
- Contract start date: ASAP
- Remuneration according to profile
- Per diem, guesthouse
- Health insurance – 60% covered by SIF
- Repatriation/liability insurance – 100% covered by SIF
- Break allowance during the 3 and 9 month breaks
- Airfare to and from the mission location to home – paid by SIF at 6 and 12 months
SIF commits to:
At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of “Do no harm” and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
SIF practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or any type of violence, more broadly every type of offense to the legislation, regulation and code of conduct. SIF rallies its personnel in the promotion, diffusion and respect of its chart’s principles.
You fit this profile and support our commitment?
Join our solidarity chain by applying to this job offer!