Nourishing Africa is a Home for Agri-Food Entrepreneurs Transforming Africa’s Agricultural Landscape. By 2050, 2.4 Billion people will live on the African Continent. At the very minimum, if they spend $1 a day on food, this represents an $876 billion annual market. If they spend $10, this represents an $8.76 trillion annual market.
- As a Program Associate, you will support knowledge and capacity development initiatives for agriSMEs, manage and deploy knowledge resources, and provide program implementation support on agriSME-focused projects.
In this role, you will be required to fulfill the following primary responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Management to develop, execute and evaluate relevant programs
- Collect data from primary or secondary data sources
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis and generate reports for Nourishing Africa programs and associated activities
- Engage in gathering and analyzing information, developing proposals, preparing reports, and developing strategic recommendations for growth.
- Present research findings and implement solutions in collaboration with the team and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and implementation of Nourishing Africa events, training and capacity-building programs.
- Curate relevant, high-value content for the Nourishing Africa resource hub
- Manage and maintain the integrity of the Nourishing Africa resource hub and online learning management system by ensuring data is relevant, complete, accessible, updated, and accurate.
- Carry out other responsibilities assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications / Desired Skills
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, committed to excellence and with a passion for the agriculture sector. Below are key qualifications that we require:
- Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- Have a minimum of two years of professional, private sector experience in a related field.
- Ability to initiate, effectively and independently interact with multiple stakeholders.
- Passion and demonstrable experiences in imparting knowledge and capacity building.
- Outstanding analytical and research skills, including primary and secondary research.
- Strong competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and research tools.
- Strong commitment to enhancing performance and creating added benefits for stakeholders.
- Strong and effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ethical, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent self-management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in French is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.