Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian mission was officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for internally displaced people (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri metropolitan council (MMC). The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECH, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119 913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori 2, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
In 2022, PUI continues with its intervention as it considers the opening of PULKA field office, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Officer coordination assists the Supply Chain Manager (SCM) in ensuring a smooth running of the procurement for Coordination office and Maiduguri & Monguno bases, and the capacity building of the procurement assistant.
- S/he contributes in guaranteeing timely and quality deliveries of required goods and services for PUI programs in Borno State, Nigeria.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Supply Chain Management:
- Provide the adequate backup and support to the SCM in order to guarantee that all procurement plans are implemented and updated for each grant.
- In accordance with the SCM, guarantee that procurement procedures are respected according to the donors’ and PUI’s guidelines, without being an impediment to the timely implementation of the activities
- Guarantee the validity of all the procurement files edited by the Log Managers according to PUI’s SC policy by regular visits of control (direct check of the folders)
- Work in close collaboration with the person requesting the purchase, with strong technical specificity, and carry out any appropriate conformity tests if required
- Support in ensuring that contracts are adequately signed by the empowered coordinators and guaranteed a strong protection for PUI in case of disagreement
- Centralize and optimize the grouping of purchases
- Supervise, in accordance with the SCM, the identification and referencing of suppliers
- When delegated by the SCM, consolidate/update the mission’s price catalogue for the mission’s operation areas
- Participate in ensuring that purchase files are correctly archived and sent to HQ/Paris on time (correlatively with accounting files).
- Contribute to plan and eventually supervise the shipment and delivery of materials/equipment up to their final destination
- Contribute in following up the shipment of merchandise coming from abroad when necessary.
- Procurement Validation:
- Participate in the procurement validation process in order to guarantee the respect and the good application of PUI procedures.
- Ensure the first reading (and validation) of all procurement which comes from procurement assistant.
- Provide some pieces of advice to the base logistician for the procedure.
- Support the Logistics Coordinator/SCM for the opening of tenders (participation, correction, validation).
- In line with the SCM, check and analyze the purchase follow up every week and give some support to the SC teams if issues are identified.
- Audit Preparation:
- Archive all hard copies linked to procurement, organize and classify all the procurement in order to prepare the audit.
- In accordance with the SCM, s/he may check and prepare all the files for the upcoming audit.
- Team Management:
- Daily supervision and management of the Procurement Assistant at Coordination.
- Contribute in planning the activities of the Procurement Assistant
- Identify the needs for trainings and prepare relevant training material for all logistic department (presentations and documents to be distributed).
- Through the SCM, he/she could follow up the medical procurement and coordinate with the Medical Coordinator and the Procurement Officer in HQ (if needed) to complete these procurements in a timely manner.
- Support in organizing and filing all the medical files, in accordance with PUI guidelines and organizing the purchase in accordance with the SCM.
- Provide support to the transport partner, provide all necessary documents which are needed
- When requested, act as the “interface” with all suppliers (transport, custom clearance)
- Support the SCM in preparing all necessary documents to HQ (waybill, NAFDAC, etc.) and organize clearance process with qualified authorities.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Reinforcement of the supply management and ensuring the continuity of the quality control
- Verification of coordination purchase files in order to be ready for audits
- Participation in the capacity building of the procurement assistant in coordination, focusing on the new procurement guidelines dissemination.
- Education Degree: Higher National Diploma, or any University Degree in a related field.
- Work experience: Minimum of 2 years work experience with INGO or any organization in procurement, supply chain management or Logistics.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa (Kanuri is a plus)
- Knowledge and skills: Good procurement skills and good knowledge in logistics procedures and value chain management. Good knowledge of institutional donors and good management capacities
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including and any other soft-wares.
- Interests:Commitment to the NGO values and principles.
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Reliable, rigorous and well-organized
- Ability to be multi-tasking and willing to extend his/her scope of work
- Good management of time and of priorities
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Team spirit and problem-solving skills
- Autonomous, neutral, hard worker
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to withstand pressure in volatile environment
- Flexibility and adaptability skills
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Honesty and integrity.
- Sense of confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
6:00 PM: 4th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Open for Nigeria Nationals only.