The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution or natural disaster.
- Experience 4 years
- Location Borno
Job Overview / Summary
- The Procurement and Logistics Manager is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of the supply chain function for IRC USAID/OTL project in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa state in compliance with IRC and donor regulations.
- The position will directly supervise Procurement and Logistics Officer in Yobe State.
- Key responsibilities include procurement management, inventory and warehousing management, assets, properties management and vehicle & transport management.
- The position would report to the Director of Finance and Operations (DOF).
- Accountable for implementing and maintaining a local procurement system adapted by the IRC Nigeria Supply Chain Department and based on IRC Global procurement policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the USAID/OTL grant has a procurement plan and each plan is updated, discussed with the relevant budget holder and are reported on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate, manage and be accountable for the supply and logistics support to IRC USAID/OTL operations, including the efficient, effective and transparent procurement of the required goods and services according to IRC policies and standard operating procedures.
- Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods, ensuring this lead-time is followed and achieved as per the different grant timelines.
- Maintain transparent and efficient general contracting systems through IRC standard Supply Chain due diligence.
- Finalize Supply Chain Monthly Report, SMT Report and PRTS for final submission to Supply Chain Coordinator & Director of Finance and Operations (DOF).
Fleet and Transport Management:
- Oversee the management of the transport fleet for IRC USAID/OTL project in Borno state office. Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Program Managers and Field Coordinator.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage and Spares Expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance and reporting of all IRC USAID/OTL Project vehicles according to IRC policy.
Warehouse / Storage:
- Be accountable for periodic circle count as per the standard operating procedure to ensure that stock management system is adhered to by the warehouse officer and storekeepers.
- Lead in conducting fiscal year end stock inventories and ensure that effective stock inventory report is produced.
- Assist programs to establish and implement a reliable stock distribution plan to avoid closed grant or expired items in the warehouses.
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, dispatching and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- Ensure donor reports for stock are complete and submitted to the Grants Department, Director of Finance and Operations and Senior Supply Chain Coordinator on time as per donor requirement
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and dispatch goods.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure proper tracking, maintenance, and recording of all IRC USAID/OTL assets in Borno and Yobe State , which will lead to an accurate asset database at all times.
- Ensure that each staff member is accountable for every asset assigned to them through the use of the Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Define and implement maintenance systems and procedures for assets, including training of staff and follow-up.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports to Director of Finance (DOF) and Senior Supply Chain Coordinator for review and feedback.
- Ensure donor reports for assets are complete as per donor requirement and submitted on time to Director of Finance and Operations (DOF) for review before submission to the Grants Department for action.
- Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed and implemented on an annually as per IRC and donor requirements regulations.
Budget & Finance:
- Participate in proposal design and budget development by identifying and inputting the required operational budget need for project implementation at the state level.
- Work with field staff to identify Supply Chain needs and ensure that issues are raised with Director of Finance and Operations (DOF) to ensure they are included in new budget development.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets. Review Budget vs. Actual expenditure reports and give feedback to Field Coordinator and Director of Finance and Operations (DOF).
- Training, Outreach and Staff Management:
- Proactively develop the skills of IRC USAID/OTL Borno staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC Supply Chain policies and SOPs for procurement management, stock inventory, and warehousing management, assets and properties management and vehicle & transport management.
- Participate in all grant opening and ending meetings for USAID/OTL project with the role of preparing and presenting Supply Chain plan including warehouse space, procurement plans, required equipment, disposals and reports.
- Implement capacity-building program to strengthen the capacity of USAID/OTL Supply Chain staff in Borno and Yobe state.
- Support to identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all USAID/OTL Supply Chain staff and provide day to day supervision of department.
- Ensure that each Supply Chain staff has updated job description, annual performance objective and provide corrective feedback of set objectives through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology which provides for clear and structured improvement.
- Prepare monthly Supply Chain reports and send to Director of Finance and Operations (DOF) Senior Supply Chain Coordinator and Field Coordinator for review and feedback.
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations (DOF) Senior Supply Chain Coordinator conduct Supply Chain Assessment and act improvement plans prepared in response to resolve the gaps identified
- Maintain current knowledge of local government requirements related to Supply Chain matters and ensures compliance with legal requirements
- Participate in Logistics Cluster meetings in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa State.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations (DOF
- Position directly supervises: Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Indirect Reporting: Senior Supply Chain Coordinator
- Internal: IRC’s Borno and Yobe Sector leads
- External: INGO supply chain cluster Partners.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Supply Chain Management
Work Experience: 4 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive area of supply chain, of which at least two years in conflict affected areas. Working experience in North- East of Nigeria will be an added value.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working with grants funded by donors including USAID, OFDA, DFID, ECHO, and EU, and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Ability to roll out GSC policies and SOPs
- Demonstrated training and coaching ability
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications, VHF, satellite phones
- Knowledge and understanding on quality of care, specifically client rights issues and BCC.
- Demonstrated expertise in the substantive area of work and strong program experience.
- Demonstrated ability to network within the development partners community.
- Familiarity with management and monitoring tools is desirable.
- Familiarity and knowledge of emergency programming with humanitarian and resilience angle – Experience in the humanitarian setting is an asset.
- Ability to take initiative and independently respond to situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, partners, and clients.
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose, and values.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Well organized and analytical
- Able to work well in a team and to undertake assigned tasks independently.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
- The position is located in Maiduguri, Borno State. The situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is RED. The situation in Borno is in RED at the moment but remains tense and unpredictable; concerns include criminality.
- There is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states. IRC will provide suitable workspace space in the Maiduguri office.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee (IRC) on rescue.csod.com to apply