UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
The UNOPS Republic of Serbia Multi Country Office (RSMCO) is implementing 13 projects in Serbia, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Ukraine.
In Serbia, where UNOPS has been active since 2000, and North Macedonia and Montenegro where UNOPS works since 2017, the organisation provides support in demanding socio-economic reforms and facilitating accession to the European Union. The projects focus on sustainable socio-economic development, good governance, social cohesion, environment and emergency response. The projects are implemented with the funding from the European Union (EU), Kingdom of Norway, Governments of Switzerland, Sweden and North Macedonia.
In Ukraine, UNOPS support to the partners in their reform agenda since 2017 spans the rule of law, social protection, demining, emergency response and security. The projects are funded by the EU, UNHCR, the Governments of Japan and Canada.
All projects have gender equality as a transversal theme, and have been contextualised within the broader Sustainable Development Goals frameworks and objectives.
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer, Procurement Analyst (IT Procurements) will partner with business process owners and their teams to define requirements for identified purchasing needs in the information technology (IT) area. In particular, the Procurement Analyst will undertake following tasks/duties compliantly to UNOPS procurement framework:
- Develop and/or review technical specifications for IT products and services that are subject of procurement, confirm compliance with the needs of Projects’ end-beneficiaries and provide recommendations for optimum functionalities wherever required
- Provide advice in sourcing of vendors, market research and costing compliance with approved budgets
- Advice on qualification criteria for tendering packages Participate in clarification process by answering questions regarding technical specification to bidders during solicitation and evaluation processes
- Participate in the Evaluation Team in the capacity of subject matter specialist, ensuring compliance of received bids with the requirements detailed in the tender documentation
- Monitor the delivery of products and services and confirm compliance with the requested/contracted specifications and/or conditions
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services.
Required Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related field is required
- Two years of experience in the evaluation and technical assistance in preparation of tender documentation for IT equipment is required
- Fluency in English and Serbian is required
- Driving license and ability to travel independently will be considered as an asset
ALL CANDIDATES ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT A CV AND COVER LETTER WITH THEIR APPLICATION.
- Strategic Perspective – Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Integrity & Inclusion – Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others – Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering – Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation – Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility – Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused – Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication – Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
This is a local position, it is therefore open to Nationals of the Republic of Serbia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
Contract type: ICA – retainer Contract level: Local ICA Specialist – LICA 8 Contract duration: Up to 60 working days in period of one year
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
How to apply