Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Principal, Capability QA Lead is responsible for ensuring that quality is embedded throughout Modern Networks and Infrastructure (MNI). This role forms part of the MNI Capability Leadership team, setting the standard to achieve predictable outcomes and defect-free products consumed by colleagues across IT and the wider Bank. Due to the dynamic nature of demand, the post-holder must be comfortable being a ‘doer’ in quieter times and managing others in busier periods whilst maintaining a strategic mind-set throughout.
Accountabilities & Responsibilties
- Ensuring that adopted engineering standards remain effective within the capability, leading the continuous quality improvement or standards and processes within the capability and the wider quality practice.
- Responsible for ensuring that best practice quality standards are followed by regular auditing, review of engineering activities and key quality artefacts; peer reviews; problem management and root cause analysis; readiness reviews; post-implementation reviews.
- Responsible for the introduction of testing policies, testing strategy, testing standards and procedures by actively engaging with stakeholders;
- Responsible for developing the testing strategies for given initiatives.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving test plans and test cases, ensuring alignment with appropriate standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that the team successfully manages all product risks, managing any problems that arise in line with quality expectations of stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing the capability QA operational budget via effective resource management and sourcing strategy.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Broad IT infrastructure experience across: Hardware (compute, storage, network); Virtualisation; Software-defined-Networking; Software-defined-Storage; Public cloud; Containerisation.
- An understanding of IT operations in an ITSM context (ideally ITIL qualified to at least foundation-level).
- Broad understanding of software development principles and associated SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) tooling.
- Experience leading engineers implementing test tooling and test automation.
- Strong written and spoken English with an understanding of the importance of documentation.
- Experience using Microsoft Azure DevOps (ADO).
- Experience implementing CI/CD tooling.
- Experience supporting the implementation of ADO pipelines and provisioning infrastructure-as-code through tools such as HashiCorp Terraform.
Certifications and Qualifications
- ISTQB foundation testing certification or equivalent such as ASTQB, ISEB, etc.
- ISTQB Test Manager Certification or equivalent such as ASTQB, ISEB, etc.
- ITIL Foundation (V3 or above) Certification or equivalent such as BISL, ASL, etc.
- Agile test management or Scrum Master Certification is desirable but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline such as Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.