Extended Term Temporary – Portfolio Management
Job #: req23520
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): French and/or Spanish
Closing Date: 7/25/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by non-commercial risks. For more information, visit www.miga.org.
MIGA’s operations department (MIGOP) is currently recruiting a Program Assistant on Extended Term Temporary (ETT) contract, to provide administrative support to its portfolio management team. The ETT will report to the Head – Portfolio Management (PM) and be based in Washington DC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and send premium invoices to all clients on a regular basis
- Collect Annual Monitoring Reports and Development Effectiveness Indicators for all projects on an annual basis
- Provide full administrative support to the Global Portfolio Head and the PM team; co-managing the calendar and work priorities
- Update Master Portfolio Spreadsheet and MIGA PM Portal, including all relevant information for the Portfolio Management Team
- Prepare and submit Modifications of Prior Concurrence to Board, when applicable to Portfolio projects.
- Provide comprehensive support for mission travel: arranging flights, hotels, local transport, and travel visas
- Prepare routine correspondence, standard MIGA documents such as notices of nonpayment, waivers and consent letters, and proofread materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style; to include preparation of documents packages for required internal clearances
- Arrange meetings, workshops and events for the business unit, and handle logistics as needed
- Assist with the preparation of presentation materials, perform ad-hoc research, and produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc.
- Exercise a quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental and institutional guidelines
- Provide back-up to other teams and the Front Office in MIGOP as directed by the PM Head and Director as needed
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area. Demonstration of initiative in learning and/or supporting implementation of emerging technology and systems
- Ability to find and implement optimal processes to enhance efficiency and productivity within a team
- High degree of flexibility, and a demonstrated capacity to handle a variety of multiple concurrent activities, to prioritize and balance competing demands under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with good judgment, discretion, and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive matters
- Excellent communication in the English language (written and spoken), second language preferable, and outstanding interpersonal skills, organizational, administrative, and time management
- Ability to quickly learn the World Bank policies, procedures, and relevant systems
- High level of motivation, commitment, and reliability; team player
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET appointment of three years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their third-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.