The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
We seek applications from qualified persons for the position under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact in the capacity below:
Job Title: OSS Clinician
Location: Ebonyi State
The Doctor – OSS Clinician will provide general care to the KP clients. The key roles of the Doctor include:
- Working with program team to develop and/or review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the provision of ART services to Key Populations,
- Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the OSS and through mobile ART
- Oversee clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the target population and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS
- Ensure a seamless delivery of service for clients from intake through discharge at the OSS
- Review and assess client treatment protocols and plans, including short- and long-term goals
- Review clinical records to evaluate the necessary level of client care
- Effectively manage and supervise other clinicians, health service providers, volunteers and case managers at the OSS as well as mobile ART teams
- Advise project team on national and state policies, procedures and licensing requirements and ensure compliance with all requirements and/or mandatory inspections
- Supervise weekly/monthly clinical staff meetings, Integrate OSS and mobile ART services with other project activities to enhance the achievement of project outcomes
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to manage data collection for service delivery to Key Populations in project communities using nationally approved tools
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports to the FHI360 Head Quarters through the SRs on monthly and quarterly basis or as required
- Support for data analysis, interpretation and use at the OSS.
- Use of data at facility level for decision making towards improve service delivery at the OSS
- Liaise with SFH to use data for decision making on how to best tailor services according to the needs of the KPs
- Support the development of budgets and work plans for clinical services in the OSS
- Provide support for prompt retirement of cash expenditure and advances
- Preparation of program reports
- Proactively seek out and report relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages or challenges that may promote clinical services for the project, and Carry out any assignment as assigned.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Senior Program Officer (Key Population). The position regularly interacts with the Zonal Team Lead and Senior Technical Officer.
- Advanced Medical Degree (MD preferred)
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment (3years + preferable)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications and other software
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience in management of infectious disease, and of management of clinical services;
- Experience working with the Key Populations
- Experience in developing country health care programs
- Experience in training
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” via: [email protected]
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state your full names, the position of interest with preferred location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.