Title: Office Assistant
Location: Adamawa or Sokoto state office(s)
Start date: November 2022
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers, and building on locally derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
The role of the Office Assistant is to provide basic administrative support.
S/he will be accountable for:
- Cleaning of the office space, lawn & equipment daily before staff resumption.
- Ensure all washrooms and toilets are clean before staff resumption and throughout the workdays.
- Ensure all waste bins are emptied twice daily (morning and afternoon).
- Ensure all rooms and offices are odor free.
- Effective maintenance of the newspaper logbook (as applicable).
- All photocopying, scanning, and spiral binding of documents that is done neatly and promptly.
- All workshop materials to be ready at least 2 hours before the commencement of the workshop/seminar (with timely delegation of task by designated staff).
- Venues for training, workshops, seminars, etc. to be neatly arranged an hour before commencement.
- Ensure staff and consultant meals are appropriately served, when needed.
- Effective management of office provisions, including toiletries, office water, etc. to avoid running out and lingering surplus.
- Support with other logistics or other operations functions as assigned by staff.
- Support the Administrative Assistant(s) when absent or as assigned.
- Other tasks of a reasonable nature that may be assigned.
The Office Assistant will report to the Administrative Assistant(s).
The individual will have:
- Minimum 3-years of experience in providing office administrative and related operations support functions.
- Minimum OND qualification.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Possess both a willingness and ability to train and be trained.
- Ability to be proactive and take on initiatives.
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural work environment.
Women, people with disabilities (PwDs) and youth meeting minimum qualifications of position are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please use this link to apply: https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/gdycdo1eim/index.html