The International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC- (www.icrc.org) is an independent humanitarian organisation, neutral and impartial. Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritionist Delegate, the Nutritionist Field Officer collaborates in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the ICRC’s nutrition programmes in line with the country strategy. She/He has an active and recurrent communication with the field and collaborates with the projects’ implementation and follow up. She/He also supports with the development of guidelines and tools needed for the projects’ implementation and monitoring and collaborates with the regular internal reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures the implementation of the Nutrition and Economic Security (EcoSec) strategies 2022-2024, assuring, among others, the integration of the nutrition sensitive approach among other departments and sectors.
- Participates in the design and implementation of nutrition assessments or surveys (Nutrition surveys, SMART surveys, others)
- Acts as operations focal person for the nutrition activities performed in the Sub Delegations. Therefore:
- Collaborates with the review of the project proposals presented by the teams in the field and provides technical advice for the design, implementation and monitoring of the projects.
- In communication with the teams in the areas of implementation and the different departments in Abuja and the subdelegations and structures, follows up and support with the logistic and administrative procedures needed for the implementation of the projects / activities; as well as provides technical advice to assure an adequate implementation, this includes the creation of technical material (data collection tools, guidelines, trainings, others).
- Collaborates with the analysis of the data collected in nutrition projects and assessments in the field and provides support and technical advice and supervise the reporting about the data collected or the activities performed.
- Collects and reports on time the information needed about the projects for the internal reporting cycle.
- Follows up the general budget for the Nutrition file.
- Collects and organizes information about the nutrition situation in the areas of intervention from trusted sources and participates in the creation of informative material about food security and nutritional situation in the country.
- Provides trainings on nutrition topics when required to the teams in Abuja and in the sub delegations or other structures.
- Participates to the internal or external meetings required.
- Is available to travel to the Sub Delegations or other structures to support with the implementation of the nutrition activities or projects the time needed for that end.
- Participates in the creation of internal nutrition protocols/guidelines.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Nutritional Science or its equivalent/Degree in other related Health Sciences with relevant work experience
- At least 4-5 years’ experience working in Nutrition with an International Humanitarian Organizations, entities or NGOs.
- A minimum knowledge about infant and young child feeding, nutrition during the life cycle and food security and livelihoods programs is highly desired.
Desired profile and Skills
- Experience working in community nutrition.
- Conversant with Nigerian National CMAM, IYCF and GMP technical protocols.
- Good field work skills and ready to spend between 40-60% of the time in the field.
- Fluency in Hausa Language and in any other Nigerian local language.
How to Apply
- Send Curriculum vitae, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202200300 Nutritionist Field Officer” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 23.06.2022, 16:30hrs. Late application will not be considered Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.