Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Sector Co-Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Department Nutrition and Health
Unit: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Proposed Start Date: September 2022
Level: Manager / Supervisor
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Nutrition Sector Co-Coordinator who will be responsible to ensure a more coherent and effective humanitarian response by all international, national and local actors operating in the Nutrition sector in crisis affected areas in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.
- Support the Sector Coordination team in organizing of and participating in regular sector coordination meetings and information sharing to strengthen emergency nutrition responses in priority locations;
- Identify and liaise with FSL, WASH and other sector partners to advocate for integration of nutrition sensitive interventions and nutrition indicators into their respective response plans and where feasible; propose corrective actions, if needed;
- Support the development of Nutrition Sector strategies and plans, based on solid analysis of the situation; in order for the sector to prepare for and respond appropriately to emergencies;
- As a member of the sector coordination team, provide relevant inputs to the development and revision of the Nutrition Sector Strategic Response Plans (HRP) as required. As part of this process, ensure that gaps and duplications are identified and appropriately addressed;
- Coordinate with the UNICEF/WFP RRM and other rapid response mechanisms in identifying location for intervention based on sector priorities, mobilizing partners to participate in the mission and analyzing all data generated by RRM teams;
- Identify core nutrition advocacy concerns, including resource requirements related to nutrition surveys/assessments, and contribute key messages to the broader advocacy initiatives of the HCT;
- In collaboration with the Sector Coordinator, guide the work of the information management officer to maintain a functional nutrition sector information management system; which includes monthly partner reporting, nutrition partner database and 5W matrixes; gap analysis mapping database, repository of nutrition surveys and sector website;
- Monitor the implementation of the core sector indicators on AAP that have been agreed with all nutrition sector partners;
- Act as a focal point for receiving NGO concerns or complains in order to raise these with the Nutrition Sector Coordinator and the Sector Lead Agency to strengthen accountability and transparency of the sector’s;
- Make sure that PSEA policies are adopted across nutrition programs implemented by partners and appropriate reporting are in place.
- Master’s in Nutrition, Public Health, Public Health Nutrition, Management or related fields or Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition with experience in sector/partnership coordination;
- At least 6 years of experience in managing nutrition and health programs in underdeveloped/ crisis contexts;
- Work experience in International NGO context, with a sound knowledge of prevention and management of malnutrition;
- Sound understanding of national guidelines/protocols (CMAM, MIYCN, PHC, IMNCI, RMNCH, PHC); including international standards (e.g. SPHERE);
- Previous training and experience in nutrition assessments including SMART surveys, MIYCN assessments, KAP surveys etc;
- Experience with external representation and knowledge of cluster mechanisms;
- Good diplomatic, negotiation and conflict/dispute resolution skills;
- Working experience in Northern Nigeria.
Starting Basic Salary
NGN 718,840 per month (excluding other benefits).
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.