National Teleradiology Systems Officer
Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Job classification : General Staff
Grade : NO-A
Duty station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Closing date : 26 May 2023
Duration of Assignment : One Year with possibility of extension
Salary : Php 1,195,132 per annum net of taxes
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Manila Administrative Center, with direct administrative supervision of the Senior Global Radiology Coordinator, in collaboration with the IOM Teleradiology Systems Specialist for technical matters, and in coordination with relevant units at the Headquarters, the Manila Administrative Center and the field missions; the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the technical administration, technical support and troubleshooting, users enhancement of the Teleradiology systems, Picture Archive and Communication Systems (PACS) networks in the IOM Global Teleradiology, the QC Center and the IOM migration health assessment clinics and non-IOM panel sites in different countries, and ensure uninterrupted Teleradiology service and implementation of new service.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Monitor the technical aspect of the work of the Teleradiology System Assistants in the regular maintenance of various Teleradiology software applications and users’ support and suggest for better option to facilitate smooth operations of the daily Teleradiology business process.
- Provide the IOM Global Teleradiology PACS systems installation, networking, technical and trouble shouting support and escalate issues from end-users in the field locations to the Teleradiology Center.
- Coordinate the technical preparation for roll out of IOM Teleradiology services including local PACS setting, PACS configuration for QC program, and technical system testing.
- Participate in providing Teleradiology users training for new locations. Arrange training for medical IT staffs (PACS administrators) in IOM field location on PACS installation and support.
- In coordination with the Global Radiology Coordinator, prepare user guidelines and training materials as needed.
- Prepare regular activity reports, briefings, and presentations, in the areas of expertise as requested.
- Coordinate with different units related to the Teleradiology Center in IOM as needed, including IOM Migration Application Unit (MAU), ITC Manila, and field operations for different Teleradiology needs such as enhancement of Teleradiology applications, Teleradiology ITC infrastructure and network needs and collaboration with end users.
- When needed, explore software and hardware solutions related to the digital radiology process, and customize open-source software for the purposes of enhancing the developments of the radiology systems.
- Contribute to identifying initiatives for additional functionality and systems integration with existing corporate Teleradiology applications and solutions.
- Provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as “stand-by” focal on a rotation basis.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited academic institution; or,
- University degree in the above fields with two (2) years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and networking and administering Picture archive and communication (PACS), Teleradiology systems, and digital radiology systems.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in systems analysis and design techniques, testing and documentation.
- Experience in staff management.
- Experience and knowledge in quality assurance measures.
- Knowledge and understanding in Software development programming Languages and Web Development Tools such as HTML/PHP, SQL, .NET, Java, PHP and J2EE and/or Apache Web Server.
- Knowledgeable in SQL query and application frameworks.
- Skill in SQL development, database integration with web-based applications.
- Good technical skill experience in writing guidelines and training materials.
- Advanced analytical and communication skill.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Demonstrates individual responsibility for defining and delivering on the Organization’s priorities.
- Delegates authority to match responsibilities, and holds staff accountable for agreed-upon commitments.
- Consistently assumes responsibility for Divisional or Departmental actions by explaining successes, failures, and proposing remedial actions.
- Invests significant time in creating a culture of accountability and responsibility by using experience and advice to guide others.
- Clearly and simply communicates the IOM mandate and seeks opportunities to represent the organization externally to promote its mandate.
- Communicates confidently, commands attention and respect when speaking, and projects credibility.
- Influences others and negotiates effectively through a persuasive, flexible approach.
- Keeps staff informed of decisions and directives of senior management and communicates them in a manner that ensures understanding and acceptance.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Promotes the development and use of organization-wide knowledge sharing systems that capture all relevant information from sources inside and outside of the Organization.
- Leads in defining and prioritizing the Organization’s knowledge needs.
- Establishes and fosters a culture that encourages change, innovation and continuous learning.
- Encourages and supports others to be innovative and actively generates new perspectives on own and team’s work.
- Advocates for collaboration across the Organization and creates collaborative systems and integrated processes to achieve Organizational goals.
- Builds consensus for task purpose and direction with colleagues at all levels.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of partnerships and takes action to enhance their effectiveness.
- Identifies and breaks down barriers to cooperation within teams, and between teams, units, sections, divisions, and organizations.
- Challenges self and team to deliver high quality results, in line with Organizational goals.
- Leads and facilitates work planning, alerting those involved of potential obstacles and helping to identify suitable alternative options as needed.
- Persuades management to undertake new projects and services that benefit internal and external clients; uses performance standards to monitor projects.
- Tailors organizational targets to meet changing demands in the external environment.
- Proactively develops strategies to accomplish objectives and empowers others to translate vision into results.
- Provides clear vision, direction and purpose and charts a clear course to achievement.
- Does not accept the status quo; drives for improvement and change, inspiring others to embrace it.
- Builds positive influence across the wider organization and strategic relationships with external stakeholders.
Empowering others & building trust
- Encourages individuals to take initiatives and responsibility for putting new ideas/activities into practice and making them work.
- Supports teams to succeed, devoting dedicated time to empowering people through coaching and mentoring and sharing expertise/knowledge.
- Inspires enthusiasm and a positive attitude in people towards their work and contribution to the Organization’s success.
- Promotes autonomy and empowerment throughout the Organization.
Strategic thinking & vision
- Always works with an orientation to the future, encouraging others to consider the Organization’s medium and long-term strategy when setting departmental objectives.
- Steps back from operational issues to focus on a long-term direction for the area of responsibility.
- Identifies strategic issues and risks that may impede the delivery of the Organization’s strategic objectives and addresses concerns in a timely manner to gain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Generates and communicates broad and compelling organizational direction inspiring others to pursue that same direction.
How to apply
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 26 May 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 090/2023 – National Teleradiology Systems Officer) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications must consist of a cover letter, a duly-accomplished IOM Personal History Form, and a résumé highlighting education and experience relative to the above qualifications.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that this position is subject to funding availability.