National Specialist on Corporate Business models
Job Posting: 06/Jul/2023
Closure Date: 20/Jul/2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FEAZE – FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in the Republic of Azerbaijan
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Home-Based
Duration : 55 days on WAE basis within 11 months
Post Number : N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The project titled “Promote agricultural cooperatives for increased market competitiveness” is developed to support the establishment and operations of production cooperatives in rural areas, which is a government priority, as reflected in various state programs, such as the “Strategic Vision and Roadmap for Azerbaijan 2020-2025,” the “State Program of Socio-Economic Development of the Regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2019-2023,” and “Azerbaijan 2030: National Priorities for Socio-Economic Development”.
The project aims at improving the enabling environment for the establishment and effective operations of production cooperatives and mainly focuses on capacity building, awareness raising, and the promotion of the establishment of rules and procedures for cooperatives that fit the best practices applied internationally.
The National Specialist on Corporate Business models will work under the overall supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative of FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan, the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer and project team.
The National Specialist on Corporate Business models (cooperative development) will support the process of developing financial plans and strategies for agricultural cooperatives in Azerbaijan.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design appropriate templates of business plans for cooperatives that are suitable poorly literate members and operators;
- Develop and lead the preparation and implementation of workshops on cooperative business models;
- Review existing business plans of cooperatives, if available, and support their reformulation as required;
- Develop business plans for cooperatives that will be developed during project implementation;
- Contribute to the development of recommendations to strengthen existing agricultural cooperatives, in close collaboration with the NSAC and in close consultation with, and the direct technical supervision of the International Consultant on Cooperatives.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- An advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Modeling, Business Development and Management or a related field;
- 5 years of relevant practical field experience in business development;
- Working knowledge of English is required;
- National of Azerbaijan or a legal resident in the country.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to create user-friendly business plan templates for cooperatives with low literacy levels.
- Proficiency in designing and leading workshops on cooperative business models.
- Experience in reviewing and reformulating existing business plans and developing comprehensive business plans for cooperatives.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT