Position number: ALGER / DC / NO / 2023/01 Publication date: May 22, 2023. Closing date ( midnight, Algiers time ): May 31, 2023.
Job ID: 10423 Departure: BR-Africa Unit: BP-Alger Place of employment: Tunis Type of contract: Determined duration
Duration of the contract: 12 months ( renewable )
According to Article 4.2 ( e ) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacant posts in technical cooperation projects is not governed within the framework of Annex I to the Staff Regulations and is done by direct choice of the Director-General.
In order to fill this position by direct selection, the ILO invites interested persons to submit their applications online before the deadline mentioned above.
Can submit their application:
- Internal candidates, in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I to the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates / tees*
*The recruitment process for national officials is subject to the specific criteria for local recruitment and eligibility.
The ILO attaches great importance to diversity among its staff and welcomes the candidacies of qualified women. We also encourage those of people with disabilities. If you cannot complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments to technical cooperation contracts do not confer the right to a career at the ILO or to an automatic renewal of the contract or a conversion for a commitment of another kind to within the Organization. One year of fixed-term contract will be granted. In addition, the extensions of technical cooperation contracts are conditioned in particular on the following elements: the availability of funds, the continuity of the need for the functions exercised and the services and satisfactory conduct.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In accordance with the practice in force at the ILO, the external candidate will normally be recruited at the first step of this grade. The entry salary for this grade is: 56,027.00 Tunsian Dinars per year.
Introduction: general information on the context in which the official will work
The International Labor Organization is the United Nations agency which aims to promote and implement fundamental rights at work, increase employment and income opportunities for women and men, expand the benefit and effectiveness of social protection for all, and strengthen tripartism and social dialogue.
The Office of the International Labor Organization in Algiers for Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania and Tunisia is seeking to recruit a ( e ) National Coordinator / director ( e ) Main/e of Project ( CNP ) for a development cooperation project called AccJEMP: “Support and Coaching of Young People and strengthening of their Employability” and based in Tunisia.
The overall objective of developing this project is to improve the access of young job seekers, women and men, from the governorates of Tunis, Ariana, Nabeul and Zaghouan, to salaried or self-employed jobs. This project will focus on building the capacity of labor market institutions and other key players at local and national levels to implement expanded and increasingly support services adequacy with territorial logics in order to improve the employability of young people and accelerate their integration into paid or self-employed employment.
« AcJEMP » will adopt a localized approach to promoting employment and improving the employability and integration of young people by capitalizing on the achievements of the JEMP phase 1 project. The project will invest a significant part of its resources in the deployment of mentoring support and capacity building for national actors, in particular advisers from ANETI agencies, the executives of the ministries involved, and the social partners; the objective being on the one hand to consolidate and increase their expertise to consolidate the impact of their programs on the employability of young job seekers, and on the other hand to provide support services for young people in defining their professional projects and implementing them, including soft skills, job search,business creation, financial education, development of social or cooperative businesses, etc. Resources to cover direct activity, management and technical personnel costs will also be included.
The national coordinator / project coordinator ( CNP ) will work under the general supervision of the Director of the ILO Country Office for Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania and Tunisia, and under the direct supervision of the Main Technical Advisor of the ( CTP ) Project and the BP-Alger focal point in Tunisia . The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the Employment and Labor Markets Service ( EMPLAB ) at the ILO headquarters in Geneva, as well as with the ILO Decent Work Technical Support Team for North Africa based in Cairo. Other relevant technical departments of the headquarters in Geneva will be requested if necessary, including the Employment Policy Department ( EMP ) with the ILO Youth Employment Program ( YEP ) and its Skills and Employment Service’employability ( SKILLS ), the Department of Enterprises ( COMPANIES ) and the Department of Working Conditions and Equality ( WORKQUALITY ) through its Gender Service ).
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Ensure in close collaboration and under the supervision of the CTP the coordination and effective implementation of the project through activity planning, technical monitoring, efficient and diligent execution of tasks, in accordance with ILO values, rules and procedures;
- Develop conceptual notes and terms of reference for consultants and subcontractors; recruit consultants and service providers ; supervise the implementation of contracts according to ILO standards and in alignment with the results of the project; comment, revise, edit and publish the technical reports of the consultants ;
- Maintain close relationships with national project partners ; identify needs and organize training and awareness-raising activities in order to strengthen the capacities of ILO constituents in the employability of young people ;
- Ensure good visibility of the actions of the project and its lessor ; design and organize communication activities relating to the ILO project and intervention in the field of youth employment ;
- Coordinate and facilitate the ILO’s engagement with national partners in the public and private sectors targeted by the project, including the national ministries concerned, workers ‘and employers’ organizations as well as the academic world ( research institutes, universities etc. ) ;
- Gather and verify the basic data necessary for planning and negotiating project activities, taking into account the different strategies and methods available for the design and management of projects, identification and problem solving ;
- Help with the programming and control of resources, prepare forecast budgets and cost estimates by means of the analysis and monitoring of the state of resources with regard to planned activities ;
- Contribute to the achievement of quarterly, semi-annual, annual and final progress reports as well as the mid-term evaluation report and contribute with inputs to the final evaluation report of the project
- Help in the development of project proposals and engage in resource mobilization ;
- Help organize the missions of ILO specialists based ( e ) s in Cairo and Geneva ;
- Help write terms of reference and recruit external collaborators, then orient them, supervise them and evaluate them ;
- Plan, organize and participate in technical missions, conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings relevant to project activities ; Act as an interpreter and participate in technical consultations and dialogues on the guidelines ;
- Perform all other relevant tasks within the framework of project activities, or assigned by the supervisor.
First degree university degree ( license or equivalent ) in Social Sciences, Economy, Sustainable Development, Political Science, International Relations or another relevant field.
Have at least three years of professional experience in the management of development cooperation projects. Experience in strengthening labor market institutions would be an asset.
Excellent mastery of French and good knowledge of Arabic. Knowledge of English would be an asset.
- Skills in operational project management
- Excellent knowledge of results-based management and the programming cycle
- Knowledge of administrative operations and finance of large organizations; knowledge of UN or ILO operations is an advantage ;
- Excellent analytical and development skills ;
- Good understanding of important socio-economic issues ;
- Strong effective communication capacity, orally and in writing ;
- Strong interpersonal and team capacities ;
- Ability to negotiate with potential partners for the best interest of the organization, to reflect and operate tactically and strategically ;
- Ability to represent the organization, to act with political sensitivity and diplomatic skills ;
- Excellent organizational skills ;
- Ability to work on its own initiative under surveillance which is gradually decreasing and within the framework of structured work plans ;
- Ability to explain information.
- Ability to interpret information about the project and identify and analyze the problems associated with implementation.
- Good skills in computer applications
- Be tactful and diplomatic.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
optional section ( if necessary )
Applicants assessed and considered to be eligible but who have not been selected for this vacant post may be offered another post of the same grade or lower grade in the extent to which the said candidates have the minimum qualifications required for this job.
The recruitment of the candidate is conditioned by the reception and availability of funds
Please note that all applicants must complete an online application form. To do this, please go to the ILO e-Recruitment site at the following address: https://jobs.ilo.org/. The system provides the necessary instructions to facilitate the online application procedure.
The ILO does not charge any fees at any time during the recruitment process, either when applying for the interview, the actual recruitment procedure or the training. Messages from email addresses different from those of the ILO – ilo@.org – should in no case be considered. In addition, the ILO does not need and does not request to know the information relating to the applicant’s bank account.