Job Identification : 10289
Locations : Kyiv, Ukraine
Posting Date : 05/29/2023, 11:23 AM
Apply Before : 06/11/2023, 09:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : SB3
Vacancy Type : Service Contract Holders
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education and Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience
Required Languages : Fluency in English and Ukrainian
Vacancy Timeline : 2 Weeks
Job Category : Administration/Operations/Support
The Human Resources Assistant is located in the Ukraine Country Office (CO).
Under the overall guidance of the International Operations Manager and direct supervision of HR Associate, you will provide Human Resources services for UNFPA Ukraine Country Office ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. As a Human Resources Assistant, you will promote a client-orientation and transparent approach consistent with rules and regulations approach to the office. You will work in close collaboration with the operations and programme staff in the CO to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
You will report directly to the HR Associate.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
In a global organization, where many of our people are based in challenging environments, you will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of critical services relating to implementation of UNFPA Country Programme in Ukraine. You will be a part of team which provides integrated programme and operational support within a systems strengthening approach fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy.
Summary of your Key Functions:
- Assisting in Human Resources strategies and policies implementation ;
- Provision of Human Resources services;
- Support of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
You would be responsible for:
- Updating and tracking the HR IC Plan and the consultant monitoring database on a regular basis;
- Review IC recruitment cases and ensure all supporting documents are in placeAssisting facilitating and preparing visas/work permits/extensions for UNFPA-recruited personnel;
- Collecting the PSEA Clear Check, reference check, and Diplomas` check when required for FTA/TA/SC/IC recruitment processes;
- Assisting in Monitoring and tracking mandatory learning for all staff;
- Assisting in monitoring compliance with the Career and Performance Management (CPM)
- Updating HR files on google drive under HR folder;
- Assisting the HR Admin Associate in HR services in the areas of recruitment and personnel administration for international and nationals, as appropriate;
- Providing advice to the CO staff on all aspects of Quantum HR modules, UN/UNFPA personnel and administrative rules and regulations and staffing related matters;Maintaining accurate and up to date personnel status files in a confidential and secure manner;
- Updating CO contact directory on a regular basis
- Performing any other activities that may be assigned from time to time to ensure the success of the working team
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor degree in a relevant fields
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years of work experience working in administration or HR field with Government, CSO, IGO, NGO;
- Prior experience of working for the UN is a strong asset;
- Demonstrable organizational skills including working to tight deadlines and with competing priorities, ability to prioritize effectively and organize time;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling web based management system
- Excellent team working skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- High level of accuracy and reliability;
Fluency in English and Ukrainian
Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
Embracing cultural diversity,
Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
Thinking analytically and strategically,
Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-oriented programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status inhttps://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2003/job/10289 a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.