Position Title : National ICT Officer (JAVA Applications Development) (4 vacancies)
Duty Station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre
Classification : National Officer/NO-A
Type of Appointment : One-year fixed-term, w/ possibility of extension
Closing Date : 07 August 2022
Salary: Php 1,195,132.00 per annum net of taxes
The position is based in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Director of MAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to MAC.
Under the overall supervision of the ICT Officer (Software Development) and direct supervision of the ICT Officer (Applications Development), and in close co-ordination with the Sr. ICT Officer (Project Management) and the ICT Officer (Solutions Architect), the ICT Officer (JAVA Applications Development) will be responsible for the coding of system components according to design specifications, corporate standards and best practices and solution design.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution ; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification in the area of study and practice above, or a Microsoft Certified professional developer is a distinct advantage.
- Sound and specialist knowledge of object-oriented architecture and design patterns for building highly scalable applications using Java, J2EE, Spring Suite, Struts 1.2 and above
- Demonstrates effective application of knowledge and f with SOAP and REST web services and integration, open API development, and SOA concepts and Solid understanding of the design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Hibernate, Apache CXF for Soap.
- Experience with XSLT, XSD, XPATH, Messaging
- Experience in developing design artefacts based on UML notations and using standard tools;
- Proficient in the Agile SDLC development and sound knowledge in back, middle and front-end development;
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of XML documents, XSD schemas, XSLT to develop the necessary schemas and maps to represent the flow of the messages through the solution;
- Experience in implementing API security and access control (OAUTH, SSL)
- Experience in defining Microservices (service decomposition, choreography design, state persistence, interaction model, etc.) considering business, legal and compliance requirements
- Implementation and Development experience in Integration technologies and architectures (for e.g., Service Orchestration, Service Choreography, Event Driven Architecture, Messaging middleware, etc.)
- Possess a good understanding of relational database concepts.
- Possess a good understanding of SOAP/REST webservices and their payload schema.
- Experience in SVN and/or GIT, Exposure to CI/CD, DevOps and Azure services.
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Possess client-side Web development skills (HTML, CSS, JQuery/AngularJS/ReactJS).
- Ability to work with cross cutting and diverse teams.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 07 August 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-042-0452022-vn-042-0452022-national-ict-officer-java-applications-development-4
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.