Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National COVID-19 Strategic Information Advisor
Reference ID: req14608
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- In support of Nigeria’s national response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Data.FI is currently seeking to employ the services of a National COVID-19 Strategic Information (SI) Advisor who will work in Data.FI to lead the design and implementation of national and state-level emergency operations centers (EOCs) for the COVID-19 response in USAID-supported states (Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Cross River, Edo, Kano, Niger, and Oyo States).
- (S)he will ensure that the data use strategy is effectively implemented nationally and across the states and robust information products are produced for informed decision-making.
- The COVID-19 SI Advisor will implement a field-based strategy to create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders and generate analyses for COVID-19 output and outcome indicators by promoting peer exchange and problem-solving.
- The SI Advisor will report to the Deputy Country Director and lead project engagements with national stakeholders such as the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and other partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a technical backstop for supported State teams on data quality, data alignment exercises, and health informatics
- Ensure sufficient technical support is provided to COVID-19 response reporting systems i.e., Surveillance Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) and associated paper-based systems
- Standardize the design of periodic (daily/weekly) data reviews for rapid action methodology for implementation at the state level and across hierarchies
- Provide technical Support to States’ EOCs to develop analyses, profiles, briefs, and program bulletins on COVID 19 response in the states
- Work with other stakeholders to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of the SORMAS COVID-19 reporting system, DHIS2, EOCs, and other platforms
- Develop national weekly COVID-19 bulletins with dissemination to USAID and stakeholders.
- Work with the epidemiologists, data analytics, and visualization specialists to develop and package state information products and briefs
- Work with the data visualization experts to develop and update COVID-19 dashboards from triangulated data sources
- Ensure a sustainable capacity-building and mentorship strategy is implemented across the State EOCs on COVID-19 data analysis, data demand, and use
- Any other duties assigned as per the dynamic programming environment.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, or a related field
- At least five years of experience advising on health management information systems or routine health information systems
- Experience working on COVID-19 programs; working knowledge of SORMAS, DHIS 2 preferred Skills in data analysis and data visualization with proficiency in a statistical package i.e. Stata, SPSS, advanced excel, or Business Intelligence applications
- Previous experience conducting State/LGA, and facility data assessments and data reviews
- Working knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems
- Ability to work well under pressure, skills in crisis management and problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online