Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international and independent humanitarian action medical organization created in 1971, which provides assistance to populations in need, victims of natural or man-made disasters and people affected by armed conflict, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, belief or political affiliation.
OCBA means Barcelona-Athens Operational Center and is made up of four Operational Cells (OC), the Emergency Unit and the Humanitarian Affairs Unit (UAH) and other departments or services to support Operations. MSF-OCBA is currently present in some twenty countries.
Our midwives work in different cultural contexts and have to be able to adapt to the customs of the local community and to the reality of women’s reproductive life in their respective environments.
The types of projects we assign to our midwives can vary: thus, assignments can focus on opening a small maternity hospital in a rural setting, establish a program to respond to problems of sexual violence, care for patients in a city hospital, among others. Our midwives work in diverse cultural contexts and in conflict zones. So it will be necessary to adapt to these realities and contexts.
- Essential recognized midwife degree.
- Desirable training in tropical medicine.
- Minimum work experience of two years as titled matron
- Experience in deliveries complicated and perinatal care.
- Demonstrable experience in family planning and maternal and child care.
- Good level of French Spanish e English. Priority will be given to candidates with knowledge of all three languages.
- Minimum availability of 12 months (divided into two six-month missions).
- Knowledge computer at the user level.
What we offer:
- Preparatory course before going out into the field.
- Legal contract for the duration of the mission.
- The salary gross base it is approximately 1,500 euros (gross salary) per month during the first missions. After one year of service, the salary will be reviewed based on the employee’s previous experience.
- The opportunity to develop professionally in an international organization. A talent management specialist from the HR department will supervise your professional development (professional career, training, etc.) within the organization.
- The opportunity to contribute to our goal of alleviating and alleviating the suffering of people in situations of extreme vulnerability.
MSF is committed to achieving the diversity of its staff in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. We encourage people from minority, indigenous and disabled groups to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced distribution between men and women, which is why we encourage women to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance between work and personal life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any type of harassment, including sexual harassment, or discrimination. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo a reference check.
How to apply
To submit your application, send your CV and your cover letter through the following link.
Registration deadline: November 1, 2023.