ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
Reporting to: Project Manager,Women’s Voice and Leadership (WVL-Nigeria) Project
Line Management: None
- The post holder will provide technical support and guidance in meeting the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) requirements of the Women’s Voice and Leadership-Nigeria Projectat all levels.
- The MEL Advisor will also provide leadership, guidance and support to implementing partners on all M&E components of WVL-Nigeria.
- S/he will develop strategy and expertise on the results framework, key milestones, and monitoring and evaluation plan for the project.
- The M&E Advisor will also with support from the ActionAid Nigeria’sImpact Assessment and Shared Learning Manager ensure that the project teamworkis in compliance with the project’s M&E frameworks and systems.
- The Women’s Voice and Leadership-Nigeria Project aims at supporting the capacity and activities of local women’s organizations and movements seeking to empower women and girls, advance the protection of women’s and girls’ rights and achieve gender equality.
- Work with the WVL-Nigeria project team to develop specific M&E framework for the project
- Work with WVL-Nigeria project team to ensure M&E plan meets the projectlog frameindicators
- Support and contribute to the development of innovative knowledge management systems and communication across the WVL-Nigeria project and other related projects
- Supports M&E operations throughout the life of the WVL-Nigeria project.Meeting regularly with the WVL-NigeriaProject Manager, to troubleshoot problems, identify solutions and flag best practice
- Actively promote and support shared learning at organisational and inter-organisational levels
- Share and contribute to the development of innovative knowledge management and shared learning initiatives within the work streams of ActionAid Nigeria
- Implementprogramme and organisation learning activities of AAN
- Support Project Manager to produce reports in partnership with other members of the team
- Support strengthening capacities for improving documentation, monitoring and learning across WVL-Nigeria downstream partners at states level
- Support in the management and administration of the AAN Management Information System
- Actively take part in the overall monitoring, impact assessment and shared learning procedure and strategy development of AAN.
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the Project Manager WVL-Nigeria.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: Donor, Partners, Community and other stakeholders.
Education / Qualifications
- First Degree in Arts / Humanities or Social Sciences (Essential)
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (Desirable)
- At least five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Extensive experience in feminist monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Excellent working knowledge of Data information systems as well as Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills and familiarity with the range of approaches and methods currently being deployed in the development sector with focus on feminist M&E
- Experience in the use of SPSS tool
- Experience in community-based work and use of various participatory M&E tools
- Experienceworking with international development organisations.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Highly numerate
- Experience in facilitating training/meetings
- Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management.
- Team player, a personof integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (MS.Word)